Checkatrade ads.

2x reds, 2x blacks and 2x yellows being connected into the back of a surface mount double 13amp socket. They also seem to be 1.5mm.

Good ad? I think not.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Link?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I cannot find a link to a video, but...

Their ad is being hammered out at the moment on ITV3 afternoons.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

People actually watch ads that closely? Really? My attention defocus V1.0 seems to be working rather well.

Reply to
Richard

Richard laid this down on his screen :

I wouldn't normally notice, or at least would not notice the purpose of the ad, but this one caught my attention due to its very amateur presentation of what should have been so easy to get right. They must have gone to considerable effort to find red, black wire and yellow wire. No sign of the grey sheath.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You only posted about this ad because of the wrong coloured wiring. Had it been correct you wouldn't have noticed.

Quite possibly a lot of people reading your thread title might not actually know what Checktrade* was, and some might even look it up on Google as a result. The fact that the wiring was the wrong colours wouldn't be such a big issue for them as they might put it down to the pony-tails who made the ads.

Whereas those people who noticed the wrong colours such as yourself while you're the last people who would use checktrade will talk about the ad and bring Checktrade to the attention of people who maybe might use them. Via social media, whatever. The fact that Checkrade might turn out to be rubbish for most people is immaterial, as only a minority check review sites beforehand.

Basically all publicity is good publicity providing the MD isn't being charged with kiddie fiddling/terrorism/tax evasion and hasn't got on the wrong side of the tabloids.

You've been used Harry, manipulated. If having found this out you now feel you need counselling maybe there's someone on Checktrade who could help.

  • miss spelling deliberate for once.

michael adams

michael adams

No wonder I had no idea what the reference was about.

Reply to
Davey

Checkatrade is a "football" cup competition in which lower league sides will play with the 'b' teams of higher league sides.

That just about puts into perspective the esteem of Checkatrade, you've got no idea what you'll get but whatever it is will be second rate.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Can the decorators on Checkatrade use Johnstone's Paint?

Reply to
ARW

AnthonyL pretended :

Its the usual scheme of the tradesperson (or not) pays them to join their scheme, they are then added to a local list.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I do not rate CheckaTrade - you never see a shit review and the paying customer is the trader!!! Wonder why...

Amazon reviews are better - they make from both seller and customer so they have an incentive to leave the reviews alone.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I hope I live long enough to see Amazon's ad for their emergency electrician service. Adam arriving suspended from a flock of drones? With apprentice suspended upside down by his trousers round his ankles from the flock behind?

Reply to
Robin