forget pre-turf fertiliser

I bought some pre-turf fertiliser but forgot to use it. Doh ! Can I dissolve it in water and spray it on instead ?

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I've no experience of pre-turf fertilisers, but looking at the on-line adverts most seem to be granular, in which case there's probably a soluble fertiliser component incorporated in an insoluble carrier, the latter forming the bulk of the granule. If you try dissolving it, you'll just get mud, the more water you use the runnier the mud will be, but I can't see it being sprayable. I imagine the jet would become blocked almost instantly. If it were me, I'd treat it just like a granular lawn feed: scatter the stuff on top of the turves at the recommended rate per sq.m. But only after the turves had been down for a few weeks to get settled in, and if it didn't rain for a few days after spreading it, I'd water the lawn to wash it in.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

What exactly is it though? A bit vague, pre turf. For all I know it might just be catnip for worms, or senators for worms. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its a low nitrogen mix that will stimulate the roots rather than lots of big leaves. I've since found it can be applied after turfing and watered in.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson