Ot. Kbb value

Just did kelley blue book value on my Xterra.

58000 miles new everything. New starter today, new friginn everything. 2600 bucks? 2oo4 se 4wd Is that all it is worth? New inc leaf springs, new total stearing, muffler, belts, total fluid swap, valve gaskets because i had a leak onto the starter, new wires plugs and distributor, new rpm sensors, new fuel filter. The list goes on. 2600 with 58000? This x is like new. Headliner sags in spots. Not looking to sell, no spam, just wondering thoughts on a 2600 offer.
Reply to
Thomas

If you can show all the repairs you may get a premium but not a lot. You'd do better just running it until it dies for best value.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Seems like approx. wholesale value ; add ~ a grand for retail. Here's a Canadian-dollar evaluation at VMR Canada ..

$ 5,000. CA is ~ $ 3700. US

The 2005 model is $ 2800. wholesale $ 4500. retail. < CA dollars ! >

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Thanks Dean. I checked it out. Gonna drive till it dies as Ed suggests.

Reply to
Thomas

If someone showed me a vehicle with only 58,000 miles on it and all those repairs, I would run . That thing is either a piece of junk from the factory or has been ran very hard.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I generally run them until cost of repair will exceed or come close to book value. I've dealt with insurance company on a couple of wrecked cars and a stolen one and something like new tires does not increase value. Usually you get a little help but not much for low mileage.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

With a list like that I would leave it in a bad part of town with the keys on the dashboard. Custom wheels, paint, and so forth doesn't add to the resale of a used car; a list that suggests a constant repair history is a negative.

Reply to
rbowman

Thats "average wholesale". The average 04 xterra would be pushing it to be worth $2600 around here - while a good one might be worth $6000

- as an oddity if nothing else.

As you know, at 58000 miles if you had not just put new springs, steering, valve gaskets, exhaust, and sensors etc on it it wouldn't be worth $600. They are generally known to be money pits.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

It's a Nissan. 'nough said???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Nissan must have have gone down hill. However, my son had one he bought new a few years back that the famous transmission went out at 130,000.

I had an 81 Datsun and put 99,000 on it and all I did outside of scheduled stuff was about 3 front break pads.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

My 97 Prelude doesn't have nearly that much of a maintenance history with well over double the miles. Those things must be junk. I am still not sure I would take $2600 for the Prelude.

Reply to
gfretwell

I bought the 97 Prelude for $14k in 2002 with 69000 on a tricked up speedometer (no help from CarFax) but the 10k wheel didn't move for

20,000 miles, then it started rolling. It is about 110k now. I have had a $1000 dealer belt job (water pump, crankshaft seal, belts and some other stuff). Tires a couple times. Way too few oil changes, a bad knock sensor, a radiator and a master/slave clutch cylinder set. I had it painted 10 years ago ($700 MAACO) but it looks pretty much like the "before" now.

That's it. Same brakes, clutch, AC, Alternator and all of that other nagging stuff.

My cost per mile is fantastic tho.

If it blows up on me with anything serious I will have AAA tow it to the junk yard.

Reply to
gfretwell

  We bought a '99 4Runner a few years ago with over 240,000 miles on it . It has around 325,000 now , and while we're on our 3rd set of tires the only other repairs it's had (while we've owned it) are a new alternator , starter , and I had to repair a blown-out spark plug - some idiot had cross-threaded it at some point before we got it . I don't care what it's "value" is , as long as the repair costs are reasonable we'll keep it . BTW , since I do all my own repairs (except auto trans work) I expect it'll be with us for quite a few more miles , then we'll probably get another Toyota .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

I've had at least one Toyota in the family since 1984, so when my son went to buy his first vehicle, he ended up with a 2002 4Runner. He just recently sold it, putting on about 235,000 miles in 9 years. Knowing my son, he did as little maintenance as humanly possible. He inherited his car smarts from his mother, who when I met her was driving around with a bulge in a tire sidewall the size of a baseball and a missing "710" cap on the engine.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

All I have bought from my 1991 Toyota is Toyotos. OUtside of break pads and required scheduled items and a few other wear items like tires and windshield wiper blades, the only thing I had replaced was a sensor in the engine with about 130,000 miles on that 1991.

Right now my 2007 Tacoma has about 75000 miles on it and only the wipers and tires have been changed other than the required book maintance.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

  I have to admit , I'm aware that other work was done on this 4Runner before I bought it . AFAIK it's never had a head off , but the timing belts were replaced (before they broke ...) not long before we bought it , along with new serp belt(s) and coolant hoses . All considered "wear " items in modern OHC motors . And I have replaced the front brake pads and rotors , again wear items .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

The fact that you had to replace everything by 58,000 miles should be sufficient to explain the blue book value.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The front pads are not supposed to break - they are only supposed to brake.

Nissan has gone down hill - since their connection with Renault - and will go down hill more since connecting with Mitsoshitty. They build some pretty fantastic performing cars but when (not if) they break (there - using the right word inthe right place) they are often as not, not worth fixing. Of the asian brands mitso, nissan, and Mazda are the three on the bottom of the stack - counting from the ground up.

You can hardly give away a Frontier or an armada around here - and the Micra and Sentra are definitrly throw-away cars. The new N seies vans are starting to develop a following, but when their competition is the italian Ram promaster that's not a big surprize. The new Ford Transit is whipping Mercedes (and Ram) for the tall and long van market but people are still hanging on to aLOT of old E series Fords.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Compare that to a Pulsar NX. Honda and Nissan may as well be from different planets.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The previous owner had barely briken it in for you.

Good idea. Toyota and Honda are up at the top of the Asian quality heap - and virtually none of the American or Europeans do any better.

Reply to
Clare Snyder