OT. Jefferson Airplane co founder was 76

I bet some of the people here remember this fella.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I saw the Airplane sometime in the '60s. Or maybe the '70s. I never was good at dates. It was at the palace Theater in Albany NY. Gracie's opening gambit was "Is it legal to say 'f*ck' in Albany?". They had cops on the stage to repel boarders, I guess. Slick handed one of the cops her tambourine, and eventually he started gently slapping it against his leg in time.

More depressing, Ms. White Rabbit is 78. How time goes by when you're stoned.

Reply to
rbowman

My guess is the 70s. Before Woodstock, I think you got arrested for saying Fuck, even in New York.

Reply to
gfretwell

Recently, I've watched a few old Dick Cavett shows on youtube - one particular show - post Woodstock - had Jefferson Airplane, Joni Mitchell, CS&N music plus chit-chat. A real far-out trip, man .. especially when political leaders were mentioned and comparing the scuz-bag US criminal President to the young handsome enlightened Canadian PM .. wait for it ..... Trudeau. :-) And check out the funky psychedelic set design. John T

Reply to
hubops

Nov 19, 1969

According to that it would have been soon after the city bought it. They played at SUNY Albany in the 70's but I didn't go.

That's quite the site. Apparently I saw Janis Joplin on June 26 1970 at the Aerodrome in Schenectady, The Canned Heat on Mar 21 1970 at SUNY Albany, and Bob Dylan at the Troy Armory in Troy NY on Feb 12 1965.

I do remember that despite having two tickets for the Dylan concert I couldn't troll a date and wound up taking my mother... Bad timing -- Dylan was still a folky at that point. Like a Rolling Stone came later that year.

Reply to
rbowman

rbowman

Americans think only about America .. ... ' nuff said. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

If only you believe~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Tekkie®

That was Jefferson Starship. They lost me when they headed for other galaxies.

Reply to
rbowman