OT. Jar Opening Service

From the Babylon Bee:

y They have a couple other things single women can get assistance for.

Turning jars upside down and whacking the lids flat against a counter top works.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Dude! Rest in peace!

Turn a faucet on, let it get hot, and put the pickle jar under it, making sure that the hot water flows directly onto the center of the lid. Metal expands more than glass with heat. When I was younger, I didn't have to do this. Now, I whack and heat. Why is it always pickles and sauerkraut?

Reply to
Leonard Blaisdell

I have a jar opener that just lifts the lid to break the seal. The lid comes off easily. Quick and easy.

Like this but much cheaper

Ed P

A big lid church-key! They used to give those away when I bought a six-pack. ;)

Reply to
Leonard Blaisdell

I find that the OXO good grips jar opener works best for me. If and when my grip strength becomes insufficient, I'll probably get an opener that screw mounts to the underside of a cabinet and allows the use both hands to twist the jar.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

For me on the jars that are not too tough is just a piece of thin rubber like material about 6 to 8 inches indiameter. Lets me get a good grip on the lid.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Find something that pops the edge to break the seal. Try it with a bottle opener. No need for two hands ever.

Reply to
Ed P

Ii think we are talking two kinds of jars. One lid is just pressed on and pops off. The other kind of lid screws off and on.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Possibly, but the one that screws off will unscrew easily one you pop the seal with a little pry on the lip. Try it.

Reply to
Ed P

Can a male->female tranny still open their own jars?

Reply to
Skid Marks