OT: Hand pain

Hadn't thought about the bottle caps point of view. That's certainly interesting.

Reply to
Muggles

I don't know if it is lack of strength, inability to "close a fist", or something else... but, it seems like manual dexterity suffers with age. I have no problems with small caps (1") *or* large (4") but many of my friends have problems with both these extremes.

Reply to
Don Y

hmmm I have small hands and short fingers, so I don't have much of a grip when it comes to larger bottle caps or even jars, for that matter. Do you think size of hands has anything to do with it?

Reply to
Muggles

For large diameter, sure. But, that "problem" would exist from adolescence, etc.

For *small* diameter, though, small hands shouldn't pose a problem. Indeed, larger hands can get in the way for smaller diameters (forcing the user to use fingertips instead of the length of the finger)

Reply to
Don Y

I had a similar problem with my small hands and short fingers when I played guitar.

Reply to
Muggles

You're not left handed are you? When they first came out with the twist off caps on beer bottles I seemed to have more problems than my friends. After thinking about it (and getting the bottle open) I realized it was like pipe wrenches or ChanelLoks. As you twist counterclockwise with your right hand, it pulls your thumb into the cap; left handed it tends to push your thumb away.

Reply to
rbowman

Big hands and fingers are no picnic either. I never could play a barre A without muting something.

Reply to
rbowman

I'm right-handed, and I always grabbed a cloth to put between me and a bottle cap like that. It always hurt if I didn't do that.

Reply to
Muggles

I could never reach across to play a bar chord. Used a capo a lot.

Reply to
Muggles
[This followup was posted to alt.home.repair and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

What did Elvis' hands have in them?

Reply to
Tekkie®
[This followup was posted to alt.home.repair and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

g tight lids and I like the flexible silicone pads that you can wrap around a lid to help you grip it.(???)

It's about time you got a grip on it...

Reply to
Tekkie®

I've got a capo but I've never used them much. I don't sing or play with a group so it doesn't matter to me what the key is.

Reply to
rbowman

A fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Reply to
rbowman

I still have my capo, but don't have my guitars any more.

Reply to
Muggles

So you use your capo to make capons?

Reply to
rbowman

I just put it away one day when I still had my guitars and forgot about it. Sold the guitars and found the capo years later. Never got rid of it. lol

Reply to
Muggles