OT Four Seasons Total Documentary

OT, I watched Four Seasons Total Documentary, and it was funnny. You may be able to watch it on MSNBC.com

But some spoilers.

A) they got lots of hate phone calls afterward. They showed video of them using the phone: "You have 950 new messages" Not only the business but it seems the two management guys that work there, mabye their mother too. . Some were vulgar, most were angry or hateful. They were afraid they would lose their whole business.

But I liked the one that said they were burning ballots at the crematorium across the street.

B) They managed to turn opinion around by makin a joke about it, and now they get mostly very favorbable reactions. People come to take selfies there. Two sisters, came from Bethlehem Pa. and NYC to have Thanksgriving dinner on a blanket on the sidewalk in front of the place.

B') There were about 30 or 40 people from each side out front before the press conference. At least 10 police to keep them separate, but someoen said no police, just private security. I couldn't see what was written on their dark blue uniforms.

C) Trump's first tweet said Press conference at Four Seasons. The next one shortly after said Press conference at Four Seasons Landscaping. At least one reporter thought that meant the bushes in front of the 4 Seasons Hotel. I see her point, totally.

C' After the networks called the election for Biden, in the middle of the press conference, reporters started to leave, because the "story" is not some press conference, it's the reaction of the Biden voters.

D) The owner or her son said they think their location was chosen on purpose because the trump campaign was out of money and they were free.

E) They've sold 1.5 million dollars worth of T-shirts, At about 20 a piece, that's 75,000 of them. I'm not sure what the profit would be on all those shirts but they've donated 50,000 to local charities.

F) The owner says she's 65 and it's the end of her career and it's a great way to finish. Wherever she goes, people know her. She was in a Superbowl commercial.

Someone created a Lego version of their building. I think it's still for sale:

G) They said they woudl have done it for either side, and they'd do it again. Of course they never imagined it would turn out like it did.

H) They got their first phone call at 8:45 that morning (Saturday?) and it was all arranged by 9:45, to start at 11. The hotel was quoted as saying they never got any calls at all.

I) She had trouble borrowing money at the start, had to pledge her house. Everyone asks and yes, she has a very nice husband who got 5 seconds in the video, and has a Four Seasons tattoo on his arm, but he has his business and she has hers.

Reply to
micky

I'll have to look for it. I used to live about a mile from there and worked a mile in the other direction. It is an industrial street along the Delaware River. I thought if funny as hell.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have it on the DVR.

<snip>
Reply to
Jim Joyce

So it sounds like the Four Seasons Landscaping people don't think it was a mistake? What did they say about how the conversation went? Did they clearly tell team Rudy that they were a landscaping company, not a meeting venue host site? Why are you calling us, you must have the wrong company? How did you find us? If I received that call, that's the kind of discussion I would have had. And why was this place free? You call up a totally illogical company out of the blue, want to hold a highly charged political event there with all kinds of serious potential for trouble, that could destroy your business and you just agree to do it? There must be more to this story. If it's true that it was for free, then sounds like the owners must be on the Trump train and somehow team Rudy knew it and now they are just playing dumb.

Reply to
trader_4