I've been a registered voter for 52 years and have only missed voting maybe twice in that time. I believe we have an obligation to voice our opinion for the best people to run our government. Things are different this time.

Elections will be held at the usual time in November. I have the right to vote, but should I? About a week after the election I'm moving out of state. The person I voted for, if they win, does not take office until I'm 1300 miles away.

Sure, the count may be way off to one side or the other, but, if a local candidate won by one vote, I'd have changed the outcome.

So, which applies:

  1. I support the candidate I feel best for the job or
  2. Let the people that still live here decide without me.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

#1. Don't forget all of the US congress is up for vote and I assume you are still in the US. As for your old state, vote for the one best for those you know still living there.

Reply to
Frank

Vote for the best candidate you think will still help the community which you'll be leaving.

Reply to
Meanie

Vote. The people you're leaving are your heirs.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Democrats, dead and alive, vote multiple times in multiple precincts and your worried about voting once? Do the taxpayers of your state a favor and vote a straight republican ticket.

Reply to
right is right

Vote. It's kind of unlikely, but perhaps someone is in the process of moving from Florida to the state where you currently live, and will vote in Florida then move.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

If it were me, I would vote. This election is about one thing, a referendum on Trump. I've done everything I could to get the Republicans to listen and change, to reign in Trump with his lies and debasement of the office and country. For me, the only message left is to vote against every Republican, at all levels on the ticket. That's the only message left I can send. I may make one exception, but you get the idea. The message needs to be delivered everywhere and if I were moving soon, it would make no difference.

Reply to
trader_4

I will be voting. The problem right now, of the candidates for governor, the best one is a third party but has come way up in the polls. He may have a shot.

The guy that would have been best lost in the primary. Seems people held it against him that he had jail time as a Mayor. But he was a good Mayor even in spite of his financial associations with contractors. .

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You will be right at home if Gillum wins in Florida.

Reply to
rbowman

You may know more about the situation and the candidates than, say, someone who just became eligible.

Reply to
micky

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

#1 Everyone that votes changes the outcome. Same in baseball; as far as I am concerned there is no 'winning hit' if there were no hits before then there would be no winning. Voting is one of our rights and obligations. People moving out of your new hood will be deciding for you.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Of Allentown? Chuckle there Ed, you understand 8-)

Reply to
Tekkie®

yep. He has problems too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."

Emma Goldman

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

Claire Wolfe

That said, I wasted two Forever stamps today and mailed in my ballot. There were two issues that were important to me:

A bill to make hardrock miners come up with a real plan to clean up their mess before they start digging.

A bond issue to acquire more open spaces.

Reply to
rbowman