OT: drinking alcohol and water

If you've had a few to drink, and you drink a pint of water/juice/whatever, you immediately feel less drunk. So why do all the websites say you don't?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

All you are is less dehydrated. That may make you feel better but you are still drunk. The alcohol is still in your system and will be until it oxidizes away.

Reply to
gfretwell

And for that matter, I can tell you first-hand that when you throw up, you feel less drunk, but it's not true.

And the bad effects on mental and physical judgment are still there.

You say "less drunk" so that means you were drunk and even you JWS are saying you are only less drunk, not sober.

So driving a car is still just as dangerous as it was, and if you do, if you drive when you know or should know that you've had too much to drink, and you kill someone I consider it akin to murder. There is nothing you can do to undo the harm you've caused, the life you've taken.

Reply to
micky

Not true at all. If you have enough drinks so you can feel it in your legs, then you have a pint or so of orange juice, you are then able to walk about properly again.

It makes perfect sense, you're diluting the alcohol in your blood with water, so the percentage must be lower.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If you feel less drunk, then you are less drunk.

No they're not. You can easily tell how in control you are. Drinking water takes you back a step towards sober. It has to, your blood contains alcohol and water. Add water, the % alcohol is then less.

Depends how much water and how much alcohol, but you can make yourself sober (so you can't feel the alcohol in you at all) by drinking enough water. You've diluted it to virtually nothing.

Oh dear, you're one of those.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If that is what you believe, go for it but a cop with a breatholizer will argue differently.

Reply to
gfretwell

micky posted for all of us...

I agree. I hate DWI repeat offenders. They probably have no license, no insurance and no morals. I'm sputtering because I was a victim of one and have treated other victims. That's where a local PD knows the doers by sight.

Reply to
Tekkie®

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

That is only one field test out of three. The breathalyser come last after you fail the others. Remember only only 1 out of 80 drunk drivers are caught.

Reply to
Tekkie®

+1 One should be asked about their problems prior to testing. I'd fail getting out of the car...
Reply to
Tekkie®

Oren posted for all of us...

Cops take the quoted number and add at least 2

Reply to
Tekkie®

trader_4 posted for all of us...

Yeah, just ask the WalMart driver that hit Tracy Morgan.

Reply to
Tekkie®

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 21:10:24 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

hatever, you immediately feel less drunk. So why do all the websites sa= y you don't?

Driving while drunk is not a guarantee he'll kill someone. Just as carr= ying a gun isn't a guarantee he'll shoot you. You really should stop tr= ying to predict the future....

-- =

Q: Why can't you have a Jewish Morris dancer? A: Because you have to be a complete prick to be a Morris dancer.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 21:15:05 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

the USA used to, walk along a white line.

In the UK, it's the breathalyser first, then a blood test.

Good for them.

-- =

Mary had a little lamb, it walked into a pylon. 10,000 volts went up it= s arse, and turned its wool to nylon.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 21:21:06 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

Opposite of fishing.

-- =

A friend will help you move house, a good friend will help you move a bo= dy.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 21:25:46 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

Shit happens. Zero tolerance is insane.

-- =