OT? California Water

A couple articles about the lack of water in California and the difficulty of getting new water projects approved. Californians invested tons of money in water infrastructure in the past. The first article talks about putting things in context. Thirty Olympic swimming pools full of water sounds like a lot but it's nothing compared to the amount of water flowing in some rivers during the day. Scope is the word. The second talks about greed in a sense. People will vote down a water project because it benefits someone they don't like even though it benefits them too.

This article talks about possible power rationing in the Midwest. The green revolution is coming too fast for utilities to make a conversion without rationing. I grew in a farmhouse without air conditioning in central Nebraska. It didn't kill me but was definitely uncomfortable. Irrigation wells are on interruptible power here. They are shut down during the day. The well motors are generally in the 60-100 hp. range.

Dean Hoffman