OT, Buying Money

I was looking for something else when I tripped over this on eBay. There ar e people selling U.S. paper money. One seller is offering a 1934 one thousa nd dollar bill. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Rich Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

See what you do is, you buy the old money, put it in your wallet, then when you find yourself transported back in time, you have money to survive on until you get back, unless you go back further, then you'll have to get a job and work until your money is good again. Just hope you don't end up as dinosaur food, if you go back too far. Then if you have any metal medical pins in your body some scientist might be able to track you down from your fossil remains and stop you from going back in time before you actually go. Buy enough money to live the good life if you find yourself in 1934 or later.

Reply to
01001100110

[8~{} Uncle Rich Monster

Sets of Susan B. Anthonys too in another spot. A prime example of government thinking. I might have a couple of those in a desk drawer. The post office had a stamp machine the spit those out as change.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Collecting money, particularly coins, has been around forever but there are also "paper" collectors. I( understand the $1000 bill but I am surprised people are so happy to pay extra for sequential bills. They must not live near a federal reserve bank or any bank that gets new money from the fed. I usually tip people like the pizza guy with two dollar bills and when I pick up a pack at the bank, it might easily be new from the fed. The last time they were a mixed stack of old ones tho. When I was dealing cars and bikes, sequential "bennies" were common.

Reply to
gfretwell

Oren posted for all of us...

Where are you? Behind dollar number 3?