OT Button holes

I get it. Thanks.

BTW, I only brought a few shirts on this trip but the two that have the bottom hole sideways are Stafford Essentials, which appears to be a JCPenny's brand. Penny's always sounds cheap, partly because it's not called Nickel's, but they are niice shirts so far, look great without ironing.

Reply to
Micky

LOL

It turns out what is bad for scissors is cutting paper, of all things.

Reply to
Micky

Yep.

When I was a kid a friend of mine's mother had a living room no one could ever go into.

Reply to
philo

Was there a plastic slipcover on the sofa?

Reply to
DerbyDad03
[snip]

And theres the "good" towels my grandparents never used. They just used cheap thin ones that came free in detergent boxes.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

And don't forget the dishes! Fine china is for looking at, not eating from.

Reply to
RonNNN
[snip]

I remember that now. My parents had a lot of that. There was even some that was unsafe for food use.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Yes and everything was white, carpeting and furniture.

Only once were we allowed in there...it was when his older brother graduated from High School.

It was a small apartment and basically the family spent their time in the den watching TV. 20% of the house was off limits.

Reply to
philo

Our house is one that we enjoy living in and nothing is off limits other than my wife's heirloom china plates.

If we have guests over and someone spills food or wine on the carpet, I don't panic. Usually the other guests start yelling at the drunk who made the mess, and I just tell everyone to relax and enjoy themselves...then wipe up the mess but not make a big fuss about it.

Reply to
philo

Yep.

Reply to
philo

Likewise.

I spilled red wine on my late brother's white carpet. I got rid of the wine stain in minutes.

Pour water on stain and then stomp on stain/carpet with a terrycloth towel to soak up water until stain is gone. Keep pouring. Water and bath towels are cheap. Carpets are not It works! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob