OT: Aussie fires - ATTN Rod Speed

AFAIK, Australia ain't a third world country. So why have I just been asked to sign a petition to the UK government to give them foreign aid? Can't the Aussie government sort it?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Agreed.

Wanna buy some of our water? It's bloody soggy here.

Can you actually get insurance for that? Since everyone will claim at once, couldn't that make the insurance company bust?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yet you can't work out how to get it onto the fire.

Cool, I thought only Arabs did that. Aren't they f****ng expensive? Or was that only the old ones where they actually boiled the water instead of microfiltering it?

But you won't insure for fire. Although I guess it's the same company you use to insure for theft.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And the NSW state govt has just announced they will spend $1b tho that's mostly replacing burnt down schools and cop shops and other stuff like that.

The other states affected havent announced theirs yet.

Corse we have. What we havent worked out is how to change the laws of physics and neither has anyone else world wide either. They all use aircraft and choppers to deliver it from the air. That wont stop the sort of fire that we get here when its really got going with temps of 48C and winds of 50kmph once the fire has crowned.

All you can do is leave before that happens and we get plenty of warning of those weather conditions.

Yes they are. But a lot cheaper than buying it from you lot.

Sydney has just announced that it will double the existing one.

Nar the osmosis ones are very expensive and expensive to run electricity wise too. But they don't usually need to be run that often.

You are always insured for fire.

We do have separate house and house contents insurance.

Reply to
Rod Speed