OT 15 April Titanic.

LOL yourself.

You'd beat your own mother for a chance to float on the last pile of wood or in the only bathtub available if it meant saving your own hide.

Reply to
Home Guy

Where's the "like" button. ;)

Reply to
gonjah

Yet all 1500 used your idea to survive. You are really that stupid, HomeMoron.

Reply to
krw

Two peas; no brains.

Reply to
krw

None floats very well. To survive in that environment one has to stay *dry*.

Floating on a pile of garbage?

...and sail it in the N. Atlantic in April. ...but that's a Canuckistani, for ya, eh?

Reply to
krw

gonjah

Why? We already have you two. Isn't that enough to turn anyone's stomach?

Reply to
krw

Apparently, actually reading something before you comment is an option for you.

Reply to
gonjah

I read what you wrote. I have no interest in climbing through any of your links to who knows where.

Reply to
krw

Where is that............

Reply to
gonjah

Oh, the poor baby announced to the world that he plonked me. I'm *so* sad!

Reply to
krw

Certainly; moron lefty.

Reply to
krw

Sounds like the Costa Concordia all over again.

Fake ID

I think the main concern was time to get all that done, especially since it would have taken time to decide that you weren't going to get in the lifeboats. The REAL problem of all those scenarios is, even assuming you can get it out, lug to the main deck and get it launched, how do you then get down to it without getting wet?

See above (g)

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Good British quality construction

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

The only problem is that survival in arctic waters is a matter of a couple of minutes Most if not all of the people who ended up in the water, went down a few minutes later. Hypothermia is a very fast killer

Attila.Iskander

What part of "finding enough wood or other junk to use as a raft" don't you understand?

I can't believe the number of people that don't understand the concept of assembling a pile of floating junk to sit on during the 3 to 6 hours that the survivors in lifeboats had to wait until they were picked up.

The Titanic hit the iceberg at 11:40 pm, and the stern went under at

2:20 am. The first survivors were picked up at 4:10 am, and the last at 8:30 am.

For the others here that claimed that "people stayed on the ship - believing it wouldn't sink" - ya, well, when the bow is so low and about to go under, and you've got maybe an hour to make a crude raft, do you still think that people on the ship are still thinking that the ship won't sink???

Reply to
Home Guy

I can't believe that you would think that would work given the fact that it isn't fact that people were killed by drowning, but rather by the cold. How is one supposed to get to the floating junk but swim to it? Even if it was right next to the ship, how do you traverse the space between the top deck (or any other deck you could get out of) and stuff in the water? You think you could rappel maybe? Then if you could get past that hurdle, if you are sitting on a whole bunch of flotsam and jetsam, how do you keep it from sinking from just the addition of your weight?

The timelines don't indicate anywhere near enough to time to do that after it became that apparent.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

(put a blank-line between the lines you're quoting and your first reply line to make your reply more readable)

The ship was easing itself slowing into the water bow-first. There was plenty of opportunity to assemble a crude raft on deck and then ease it into the water with you sitting on it.

Even if you get wet, as long as you stay above the water you can easily survive 3 to 6 hours.

That depends on what you can get for your raft. I don't know how much cork, life-rings, life jackets, maybe even buoys they had on the ship.

It took what - 2.5 hours between hitting the ice and going under. Plenty of time to scavange the ship if you KNOW that you're not getting into a life boat.

And the lights stayed on until about the last 2 minutes.

Reply to
Home Guy

Indeed... plus it was quite a long way down from deck level to the water; it would have been extremely difficult to launch anything and end up on top of it without getting soaked in the process, and then odds are pretty good that hypothermia will get you before someone rescues you.

Reply to
Jules Richardson