OR: interesting pollution turning up from rolling fire bombs

No amount of evidence will convince you. You are a hopeless Left Wing fanatic.

All it takes is one statistic. See, you are dancing and shifting blame rather than show the facts. Half Ton T.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You have been provided it numerous times.

So the figures you claimed to say it was lighter than your car were completely imaginary? They certainly seem like the specs for an ICE G80 which, surprisingly, is no heavier than an ICE G80.

Reply to
rbowman

They are from the web but did not give the particulars for each configuration. Some options may change but not 1000 pounds

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"This sucker’s heavy, too. The Lightning weighs 6,500 pounds—more than

35 percent more than the gas-powered model. That’s in large part because of an immovable weight at its core: an 1,800-pound battery. Part of that is just the nature of electric vehicles: "

Funny how Ford has all sorts of specs until you get to "Base Curb Weight

- Standard Range Battery" and it just has "lbs.".

Maybe they are accurate:

F-150 Lightning LARIAT 4WD SuperCrew Base Curb Weight (pounds) 6015

LARIAT 4x4 SuperCrew 4,838

There's your vehicle. Same model, same manufacturer, and the plug-in version weights in a 1177 pounds more. Weasel your way out of this one.

Reply to
rbowman

Do you want to talk about F-150 facts or tuck your tail and run?

Reply to
rbowman

Actually, 1177 pounds difference for the F150 Lariat 4x4 crew cab. That's even more than half a long ton.

Reply to
rbowman

I don't think anyone was getting a $7500 tax credit for buying a horseless carriage. I doubt California had filling stations with free gasoline. You want an electric car? Fine. Do it on your own nickle.

Reply to
rbowman

No, you have not given one example, just the lame comment above.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

This is typical of Leftists. Facts, data, examples are like water off a duck.

He will just accuse you of admitting you have no data to present.

Please re-read the above blanket statement about ALL EV's from Frank and then re-evaluate what you wrote below.

One exceptional case doesn't prove the statement Factless made.

3% of vehicles in the USA are EVs. So the tire dust from the remaining 97% of IC vehicles completely subsumes any purported increase in EV tire dust due to a bit of extra weight due to batteries.

And that leaves out the 100% bogus comparison of tire dust (really a form of microplastic) to tailpipe emissions in the original article.

What's to weasel - your example doesn't make Franks statement accurate.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

This from the guy who is 100% non-stop narrative and you'll even demonstrate that here for us again.

Bingo. There you go. Anyone who has data that disagrees with your pre-conceived notions must be a lib. That's a big part of your BS narrative. And why would you expect Ed to know about these tire particle emissions? You posted about it, I'll bet no one else here had ever heard about it before. It came from a biased, no credibility source with a "narrative" against EVs too.

Reply to
trader_4

Now you're lying again. The links I've seen do not make an apples to apples comparison of an EV and a similar gas vehicle. But I did when I posted this:

It's hard to find actual solid comparison data, comparing apples to apples. So here's what I did. Let's look at the Tesla S. It weighs 4,561 to 4,766 lbs. Then I Googled for comparable cars and found this from Autoweek:

The Audi A7 hits most of the same points of Tesla's Model S—save, of course, for its gasoline options. From pricing to sizing, Audi's A7, S7, and RS7 are almost a full analog for the battery-powered Tesla.

The weights:

A7 4332 S7 4597 RS7 4938

So if there is this huge difference in weight, one that is going to kill people via more emissions from it's tires, I'm sure not seeing it. And just the fact that you have this one clear example, shows that there does not have to be a big difference in weight due to batteries. The above Tesla doesn't run on a cord.

The whole weight thing is irrelevant anyway. These EVs get excellent mileage and that's why that biased anti-EV BS piece started in with the tire emissions BS. And in doing so, they compared the emissions of EV tires to the tailpipe emissions of gas cars. Gas cars don't have tires?

Reply to
trader_4

Weasel your way out of this one:

It's hard to find actual solid comparison data, comparing apples to apples. So here's what I did. Let's look at the Tesla S. It weighs 4,561 to 4,766 lbs. Then I Googled for comparable cars and found this from Autoweek:

The Audi A7 hits most of the same points of Tesla's Model S—save, of course, for its gasoline options. From pricing to sizing, Audi's A7, S7, and RS7 are almost a full analog for the battery-powered Tesla.

The weights:

A7 4332 S7 4597 RS7 4938

So if there is this huge difference in weight, one that is going to kill people via more emissions from it's tires, I'm sure not seeing it. And if it was an inherent big weight problem with batteries, then the above would be impossible, so just one good example goes a long way to disproving it. The whole weight thing is a canard, a desperate lame attempt by an anti-EV article to try to throw crap on electric vehicles. Who cares what it weighs anyway? They accelerate fast, stop fine, get excellent mileage.

Reply to
trader_4

This is typical of you. Find some obscure BS from an anti-EV article that starts in with tire emission BS, then when others show that's what it is, present facts, you start calling them libs. Anyone that disagrees with you on anything, must be a lib. Sadly that's what so many in America have been reduced to today.

Reply to
trader_4

I finally read the original article. Seems some of the participants here have reading comprehension issues.

The poorly written article states the batteries weight 1000 pounds. It does not say EVs weigh 1000 pounds more than an ICE. No comparison of running gear such as electric motors vs an engine, transmission, driveshaft, etc.

It give the particulate matter from tires and compares it to exhaust particulates. Ignores the fact that ICE cars have tires too and does not state those numbers.

Evidently, the author has an agenda of his own and he sucked in a few people that did not see the slant.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You really think so? :)

You picked up something very important that I missed, which is that in that article they are indeed just saying that the batteries weigh 1000 pounds, not that EVs actually weigh 1000 pounds more than similar gas powered vehicles. This is from the same website with the Tesla Fire! story. Case closed. But it sure sucks in the gullible that just grasp at anything to try to confirm their pre-conceived beliefs.

Reply to
trader_4