OR: interesting pollution turning up from rolling fire bombs

Oh Bull Shit Ed. You know very well you are veering off topic justify your narrative. to try to

Now that is a mechanic!

Convenient thing about being a liberal is you just follow what you are told and do not think for yourself.

Just a simple google would tell you this:

invalid unparseable

I'm not only thinking for myself I provided FACTS. Show me the 1000 pound difference. Yes, some may be heavier, I showed on lighter. You were critical of what was shown but have failed to show what you stated. Just show the 1000 pound difference you mentioned. Unless it was just some BS you tried to impress with.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I cannot teach you how to think for yourself.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Nor can you substantiate your claims. Where is it Frank?

Just back up the claims. Should be easy if true.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Furthermore, they found that adding half a metric ton (1,100 pounds) “of battery weight can result in tire emissions that are almost 400 more times greater than real-world tailpipe emissions, everything else being equal.”

Exactly, so why are you citing an article that tries to make the above BS comparison? Where are the numbers showing the tire emissions of an electric car versus the tire emissions of a similar gas car or SUV, or F150 pickup, etc? Gee, I wonder why. And why if it's really about tire emissions, do they toss in the FIRE!, narrative? Oh, I know, it's because it's from a source with no credibility, but a big agenda. Kind of like you.

Reply to
trader_4

What he did provide shows is that a Tesla weighs just 190 pounds more than a Toyota Camry and 280 pounds less than a Lexus. So the whole premise that electric cars weigh 1100 pounds more is BS. But we pretty much knew that the article is agenda based, they even throw in your Fire! narrative too.

Reply to
trader_4

Simply amazing again that the guy that keeps calling electric cars rolling fire bombs has the gall to accuse someone else of having a narrative. And again, it's clearly a BS narrative that electric cars are coal powered. Only 20% of US electric power comes from coal today, its been declining for decades. But, what's your problem with coal? Trump, your guy, ran around promoting coal, beautiful clean coal, we didn't see you bitching then. And today lots of similar conservatives keep talking about how much coal we have that should be used. What's up with that?

Reply to
trader_4

Right, that's special coming from the guy who keeps calling electric cars rolling fire bombs. Nothing off topic. You cited a BS article that claimed electric cars are 1100 pounds heavier than gas powered and compared tire emissions from electric cars to tailpipe emissions of gas ones. Oh, look 400 time higher! Gas cars don't have tires to make the correct comparison? Ed provided some good examples of similar cars that shows there isn't typically a 1100 pound weight difference.

Reply to
trader_4

Simple common sense would tell you that there is no actual data there, just an explanation of why they claim electric vehicles "are so heavy". It's hard to find actual solid comparison data, comparing apples to apples. So here's what I did. Let's look at the Tesla S. It weighs 4,561 to 4,766 lbs. Then I Googled for comparable cars and found this from Autoweek:

The Audi A7 hits most of the same points of Tesla's Model S—save, of course, for its gasoline options. From pricing to sizing, Audi's A7, S7, and RS7 are almost a full analog for the battery-powered Tesla.

The weights:

A7 4332 S7 4597 RS7 4938

So if there is this huge difference in weight, one that is going to kill people via more emissions from it's tires, I'm sure not seeing it. And also note that the BS article Mr. T is promoting never told us how much tire emissions actually increase versus weight. No, they just proceeded to compare tire emissions from electric cars to tailpipe emissions from gas cars. See anything wrong there, Frank?

Just the facts ma'am.

Reply to
trader_4

Genesis claims 272 kW combined or 364 hp.

Genesis claims 0 to 62 in 4.9 seconds.

So your claim is off by 105 hp and 1.8 seconds. What the probability the curb weight is bullshit too? Genesis ain't talking.

Reply to
rbowman

You misstated the horsepower and 0-60 time of the eG80. Show me a curb weight from Genesis.

Reply to
rbowman

They have more than one configuration. Specs are not on the web site yet.

Still waiting for that half ton difference.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Was the transition from horses to engines more market driven than what we're facing in the changeover to EVs?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

It was market driven but there were plenty of naysayers and obstructionists as the auto became popular.

a woman drive in New Orleans without a husband? You can only dare your friend to lay on their own railroad tracks. If you’re a woman, you also aren’t allowed to drive in New Orleans unless your husband is waving a flag in front of your car at the time.

Ed Pawlowski

Ed, since when was this about the weight of a specific vehicle? You are trying to twist things to fit your narrative.

By the way, you never answered if you knew if the fine particulate pollution was from the tires or the road or both. It is typical for far left liberals not to answer anything asked of them, but to divert to a different subject

Look at this quote: "You should know that EV's weigh over a thousand pounds more than gas"

Where is the evidence? Pick a vehicle and show us. Yes, a Hummer weighs more than Fiat but take any car of about the same class. Show where the 1000 pound quote is justified. No one has. You haven't, Frank hasn't because it is not true.

All you do is dance and criticize but offer no facts to back up the assertions. Pretty simple.

Off hand I don't have the answer as it was not me that brought that up. It is typical of the Trump cult to ignore facts. Show me the missing half tone.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You live in a political fantasy world. Frank and others gave you links and tons of evidence. It is all over the place. I am not going to waste my time repeating for you what others have already done. "Narrative" is not the "Truth".

Thank you for admitting you cannot back up the 1000 pound claim with real facts. Yes, your narrative is not truth.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski