Opinions : Wagner Power Roller Quicktouch

My brother recommended that I try the Wagner power roller (quicktouch model) when I repaint the interior of my house. I've already read thru lots of online reviews, but I'd like to get opinions from y'all too.

Thanks,

Jean

Reply to
Jean

I have a commercial Titan with a roller attachment, I never use it, I can roll as fast with 5 gal bucket and pole when you figure in cleaning it, more junk for a homeowner to waist his money on.

Reply to
m Ransley

It's sad when you can't trust your own brother ;>)

Reply to
Carpenter

Every Wagner product I've owned was crap. A friend tried one of their power rollers a couple of years ago. It was crap. So was its replacement.

Reply to
Art

Wagner is like B&D electric tools, consumer grade, any pro can burn one out in a day, except for their screw drive circular saws. And power rollers are bought by people that dont know about a 5 and screen with a thick nap roller.

Reply to
m Ransley

Save your money. Don't bother with a roller pan either. A five gallon bucket & grid is the way to go.

Reply to
3rd eye

That might be okay for painting the low stuff, but I'm going to tackle painting a 12-foot high cathedral ceiling and the high side walls. So I'm interested in the power roller because I don't want to haul a drippy roller up and down an 8-foot ladder. Also, I've been told that the power roller allows you to do a larger area before having to move the ladder.

I've gotten a few opinions in this newsgroup that the roller is "crap", but no one has specified what the problems are with the roller (aside from cleaning, which I know is going to be a pain).

Jean

Reply to
Jean