Only one EV charger at home?!

Scott Lurndal

So many guys think and talk compulsively about pee and poop... all the time.

I think that's strange.

Reply to
John Larkin

A the current prices, the last thing I'm concerned about is the time taken to empty my bank account.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've seen about 100 videos of it on Youtube, often with an immense fire. Once the fire starts, it must get into the petrol underground.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And those hoses cost a fair bit to replace, and there's a pump out of action.

Why would the pump shut off? There's no longer a valve on the end.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yes, we know that Americans in general are too thick to drive a manual And these days the autos are so good they mostly don't need to.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Skid Marks

Neverthless cars can and do catch fire in crashes, and a gasoline fire can detonate if the fuel air mix gets within a critical range. Ok its not like on the movies, but its pretty bad all the same

The Natural Philosopher

They cant rival Penn state where Michael Mann is peddling his pseudoscientific propaganda

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's not the gas cars being discussed, in this case gas is an abreviation for gasoline.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have 'jane' - my tomtom navigator in my smart phone. God she nags if I don't go her way. I know where the speed cameras are. To be sure so does she, but she isnt programmable to avoid them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The gas is stored in a tank underground. It takes an electric pump to push gas up to the surface and through the hose. The pump shuts off when the nozzle is not fully seated in the car filler and making a vacuum seal. You can hear that.

"If an absent-minded customer drives away with the nozzle still inserted in the tank, the hose is designed to break into two pieces. One remains with the car and the other with the dispenser. Check valves on both sides of the breaking point prevent fuel from leaking out of either half."

Really, this stuff has been thought about.

Reply to
John Larkin

Most likely more small foreign cars.

Reply to
Rod Speed

If I try and fill my 70 litre tank in a minute it shuts off. About 4-5 minutes is as fast as the safety s**te will let me fill it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I believe there was a TV documentary on that one. It was truly terrible.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'd like to see that one :-DD

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

I have up till now and have always got one but now realise that given I want a fancy cruise control for long distance trips that an automatic would work a lot better and would be convenient around town too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nope.

Doesn't explain my mate's Merc which caught fire in his carport without even being in any crash at all.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I know.

There is no general mandate here, but I do remember when a new big gas station was built, near a big neigborhood, they mentioned that they absorbed the vapours.

However, I do not recall if it was all of it, or only the refill huge tank. It may have been 15 years ago.

I see it is directive 2009/126/CE from Euro Parliament.

Wikipedia has a photo, but I don't remember seeing it.

Carlos E.R.

Not even possible when filling the tank.

Reply to
Rod Speed