On Topic: reversible drill

Hi All,

Any one have a suggestion for a reversible drill that won't fall apart and that is loud as hell?

Many thanks,

-T

Size? Battery or plug in? Why do you want it loud?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

forgot the "not". I would like it quiet

Battery if not lithium. otherwise corded

This one .. ?

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Any idea what kind of battery it is using? I just see 18V.

Just what it says in the product info : HighPower BP 18 Li 4.0 battery John T.

Reply to
hubops

Thank you. I must be blind.

If I do not want Lithium batteries, I think I am stuck with a cord.

Hysterical!

or perhaps :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Oh my goodness! My silly stripped faucet screw will never know what hit him!

Wonder if the wife will let me .. never mind.

I do have one requirement, the switch from forward to reverse should be silent, so when I hand it to someone he won't realize I've done that.

Reply to
TimR

From Consumer Reports, In Order of Ranking

Flex FX1171T-2B. ;Rated at 87

The rest are rated at 86

Cordless Drills & Impact

Milwaukee 2805-22. Rated at Cordless Drills

DeWalt DCD991P2 Cordless Drills & Impact Drivers

Milwaukee 2503-22 Cordless Drills & Impact Drivers $148r

No rankings for corded.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Thank you!

I've got an old Black & Decker 3/8 corded drill that has served me well. The problem is the 'old' part. I've no idea if B&D is worth a tinker's damn anymore.

I do have a HF cordless I bought for a couple of projects in the woods a long ways from a plug. It hasn't fallen apart yet. I don't have enough use for a cordless to drop $100+ on a Milwaukee or Makita.

Reply to
rbowman