Old leather sofa question

I acquired an old black leather sofa. The color on it has faded as the leather is a little distressed. Is there anything I can do to it to renew the leather? I would hate to put the wrong thing on it and have it come off on anyone's clothes.

Phil ====== visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:

Phil

Lexol Cleaner & Lexol conditoner (I use them on my leather furniture & car seats)

Don't know if anything can be done about the color

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Phil wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Stop spilling so much beer on it.

Reply to
FlavorFlav

Suggest only sit on it while nude--the oils from your skin should do the trick, given enough time....

And now about the 'smell' ........well, thats something that might well warrant a new post, I suspect.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

I was thinking of using something like Kiwi liquid shoe polish/dye. Or would that come off on people's clothes?

Phil ====== visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:

Phil

makes some great leather restoration products.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I would try the auto parts store spray cans of vinyl color. Seems like it should bond to leather. A lot of leather is actually coated with vinyl.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch