ink off leather sofa?

can anyone please tell me how I can remove ink off my cream leather sofa (2 yr old been having fun with biro) thanks............................

Reply to
mr gadget

Meths

Reply to
harrogate

Failing meths, "Stain Devils" (available from supermarkets last time I looked) offer a stain remover specifically for ballpoint ink. Caveat: try it out on a practice stain on a non-visible part of the sofa first! Chances are, it may remove the leather colouring at the same time if you are unlucky.

BTW, are you glad you chose leather? I am thinking of buying a suite and am undecided whether to buy leather or cotton or synthetic.

Frank

Reply to
Frank W

In message , Frank W writes

They're good as long as you don't lie on them in the summer with very little on - they stick

Reply to
geoff

Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner took the oil marks off the cream leather seats in my car, didn't make them slippery or shiny either, got to be worth a try. You can probably get it from most decent car accessory shops, I bought mine here:

£6.99 inc. P&P, no connection except a satisfied customer etc.

Just one thing - if you do try it - the directions say to use cotton terry towels to apply and wipe. Do what it says, I knew better and tried soft paper towels but they can't clean into the grain of the leather like the pile on a cotton towel can.

Reply to
bweebar

Baby wipes work very well also...

Reply to
Alan

...and for mopping the 2 yr old up off the carpet after you discovered him/her drawing on your leather suite ;-)

Reply to
parish

suite

synthetic.

My friend has leather. The suite looks good but I wouldn't want to live with it.

I tend to sprawl instead of sit properly, and I involunatily slide to different positions on his sofa. I also sit around in my underwear at home, and leather isn't at all comfortable for that, especially on first contact.

Nope, I wouldn't have leather unless I wanted to discourage vegetarians from visiting.

W.

Reply to
Woodspoiler

It's OK, I've stopped chewing the furniture.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Oxiclean or Vanish oxygen cleaner.

It's a powder that you make into a paste that will oxidise stains. Managed to get a red wine stain out of our carpet that has been there for 2 years and nothing else would shift.

Don't know what it would do to the leather tho.

There's a warning on the packet that you shouldn't leave the made-up solution in a sealed container as it will continue to give off oxygen (I assume the container would explode?)

Reply to
R W