old GE electric stove oven takes forever to heatup

bought new element we installed but still takes about 30 minutes to get to 350 or 400 Old GE electric smooth top range still love it

Reply to
Bev

When it's trying to reach temperature, are the element or elements glowing all the time? If not, sounds like it could be the thermostat or control. Anyone check voltage at the oven?

As an aside, I think my new Kitchenaid ovens take longer to heat up than the old Jenn Air that they replaced. It takes 15 to 20 mins to get to 350.

Reply to
trader_4

The rate of temperature rise in my near-bottom-of-the-line Whirlpool free-standing range is about 30 degrees per minute when going from 70F to 350F.

So for the public school system math impaired, total time to 350F is approx 9 minutes. YVMV. (Your voltage may vary)

Reply to
George