Off topic - Volkswagen golf 1992 question

Sending on behalf of my friend

++++++++++++++ Volkswagen golf red, 1992, 2 door, standard, hatchback in very good conditi on with 156893 KM on it, driven only by original owner (senior lady)? well taken care off. It has a nice radio that never use. :-) It has been eye-ca tching wherever she drove, many show interest because the car is in excelle nt condition like a new. she decided to sell it, how much (rough estimation - in Canada) she should ask for? thank you and sorry for off topic once ag ain.
Reply to
leza wang

Quite variable - maybe advertise online to test the waters... - Auto Trader and Kijiji -

- with no asking price - or a high asking price Be prepared to ignore a lot of low-ball offers ..

Good Luck. John T.

hubops

Depending on the market, and other accessories - air, power windows, etc, Fair market value could be as high as $3800 Canadian, or as low as $1800 I'd advertise it in Kitchener Ontario for $3500 and if it as nice as she says, it would be gone in a week or two at most. If it was a 4 door, 3000 would be top dollar. The "kids" like the early Golf 2dr and will pay a premium for a good one, just like the early Civic.

Reply to
clare

This might help:

Dean Hoffman

Didn't I read recently about

? Something like that.

Reply to
micky

That's mostly for new cars, no??

Reply to
clare

Maybe. I haven't had time to look. But I saw it mentioned both here and in an entirely different sort of place, both within 2 hours. I thought it was the happening place!

Reply to
micky

I checked and it gives prices for used cars too.

I finally found out that I didn't overpay much for the car I bought 4 years ago.

Reply to
micky