Odd size door alternative

Hi Gang, thanks for your advice on my former post. I want to put in a good, solid wood door, but I have a French Cottage style house, and a plain door would not look good. (btw, the current door is hollow plastic). I don't want a six panel door because the wood is so thin on the panels. So I have 2 alternatives: Get a solid door and try to make it decorative somehow...OR Build my own door.

any ideas? Thanks, Chas

Reply to
Chas12

normally they can be dressed up pretty well with moldings, medallions, etc on the surface. there's some websites that specialize in architectural decorations.

hth bill

Reply to
rider89

There are custom door places on the web, really not too bad, used them for a house full.......interiordoors.com, not perfect, but reasonable for what they were, a fraction of the Brosco price

Reply to
yourname