Oatey Shower Drain

Greetings,

I have to fix a shower drain, namely this one:

The current drain and the new one is both the one above. I am fairly good at plumbing jobs, but I haven't seen a drain like this before. All of the shower drains that I have messed with in the past, tighten from the bottom side. Since, the drain came with no instructions, do the gaskets go below or above the shower stall?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Should come with a fiber ring and a rubber gasket. Put the rubber gasket on the bottom of the pan and the fiber ring above the pan.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Should come with a fiber ring and a rubber gasket. Put the rubber gasket on the bottom of the pan and the fiber ring above the pan.

Jim

Reply to
gntry