Help-Identifying shower drain part

Hi,

I have an Aquaglass shower. I do not know the model number, but it is only

3 - 4 years old. It is a shower only, no tub. Anyway, I was cleaning the drain today (Big hairball), and I noticed an odd part. The drain cover comes off easily enough, it just squeezes the inside of the drain pipe. After that, there is a gray rubber piece. The gray piece is slightly larger in diameter then the drain pipe, and it is 1" - 1 1/4" wide. It slips down over the drain pipe, into a recessed area where the shower meets the pipe. What is it for? Also, the one in my shower looks pretty bad, so it is possible to get another one?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
JJ

Sounds like an Oatey "No-Calk" drain assembly:

The gray part is a rubber sleeve which is what seals the drain pipe to the drain fitting. Check at a plumbing supply house for a replacement. Once pressed in, they are best left undisturbed. Clean the drain interior with a small brush and dilute bleach to get rid of mildew and scum.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim