Non-standard switchplate configuration

I installed a timer for my garage lights, the type that replaces the wall switch. It is the size of a standard rocker switch. My problem is that it is in a triple ganged box that it shares with a standard toggle switch and a duplex outlet.

Where can I find a suitable switchplate? Perhaps someone markets a modular switchplate solution for non-standard configurations such as this? I suppose I could replace the toggle with another rocker, but that's like buying new tires because your old hubcaps don't fit. If all else fails, I'll probably just pull out my Dremel and modify the old cover.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike Hartigan

you gonna have to go to a electrial supply house. like the electricians go to.. some sell retail, some dont.. so you gonna have to call around to find them.. look in the yellow pages.. they have stuff at these places that you never gonna find at home depote or lowes or any big box store.....

Reply to
jim

If you change the switch and the outlet to Decora, you can use a triple gang Decora plate. I like the Decoras because they have the nice modern look and because they're universal. In Home Depot, the triple gang plate, an outlet and a rocker switch should cost somewhere between $6 and $7. An specialty plate in an electrical supply house could cost the same or even more.

Reply to
JAG

Menards has modular , snap together ,make you own configuration ,plates

Reply to
mark Ransley

Personally I'd go with the dremel tool. Home depot does have modular wall plates, where you can snap together various types of covers to fit a multi-gang box. They're expensive if I remember correctly, several bucks per piece.

Reply to
Chuck