non standard cleanout plug

Greetings. I had to bust out a brass cleanout plug in my basement and now I can't find any replacement that fits. House is 40 yo and pipes are iron. I've measured the hole as best I can and the busted cleanout plug, which is largely intact and they both measure 2.75 inches.

I found a website that had some 2.5 inch brass cleanouts. I did get a

3 inch rubber type 'test plugs' that somewhat fits in the hole but doesn't seem to be made for it. It only wanted to go in a little. I coult take a mallet to it. Any ideas?

thnx

Reply to
jay

While not as common, the 2 1/2" CO plug is/was standard. You ought to be able to find one at a real plumbing supply house.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim