Noise from neighbors, solutions?

How bout 150 db **sine waves**, from 6' Marshall amps?? DAT will clear out asshole neighbors, and virtually *all wildlife*, proly rats AND roaches.

Choose yer frequency..... the right one will start shattering window glass.

No evil grin here.... ahm in the process of preparing for this..... for the muthafuckas who see fit to use 5 hp unmufflered leaf blowers, to blow one effing leaf up the road, for five/six hundred feet.

Gotta be a penis-thing.....

Reply to
Existential Angst

Heh, birds, esp. crows and bluejays, and a cupla night-time warblers (mebbe they think it's the AM from the streetlights??) can drive you bonkers. I imagine a persistent woodpecker is no joy, either.

Reply to
Existential Angst

If I want anal vapor, I can just leave the bathroom fan off while taking a good dump.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Ok this is exactly the and you nailed it right on..

What I'm trying to dampen are not LOUD out burst because I doubt I'll ever be able to do that and in the event of we can close the doors and windows no big deal, but for the other 95% of the time when it's just voices I'm sure there is SOME type of solution that will help since the sound is basically just traveling up and over my wall.

What I cannot do here is modify the architectural harmony that is visible from the exterior. If I put up a wall and stucco it the same color as the rest within my property it wouldn't be very noticeable and therefor acceptable. Also remember that the cost of this work here is not much in comparison to other countries maybe $1000 - $2000 USD for the wall.

I do have a bunch of left over rubber (about 0.5 cm) thick from a renovation I'm doing here at my house. I'm going to put that up on the fence and see what happens. I have a feeling that this will help a lot. Then I'll know if putting up a concrete block wall, concrete board wall, or exterior drywall will help. I understand the denser the product the more it will dampen. That's why I thought the block is best and next up is the concrete board.

Thanks for the suggestion Ed.

Also thank you to everyone else for their comments. I will take them all into consideration.

Regards, Nick

Reply to
Nick Aron

My house came with, not for noise reduction, but to delineate boundaries, 5 privet bushes. They grow up to iirc 4 feet higher every year. Someone should look that up to be sure, but I think maybe it was even more, a foot a month during growing season. Maybe the first year is slow before their roots get established. They require no maintenance except trimming.

Hmmm. There is more than one kind "Privet shrubs reach a height of

4'-15" I looked at a 4 sites and didnt' get the detailed description I read somewhere before about growth rate, only "fast".

You can buy them cheaply online, but if it's anything like the cherry tree I bought, it would be worth buying locally. They might start off

3 feet taller with a lot more roots. I'm not sure. I didn't plant these. But the cherry tree was just a stick 2 feet long with some straggly roots. At a local nursery they have them 3 or 4 feet tall, full of branches and flowers and a root ball that's correspondingly big. Save at least 2 years.
Reply to
mm

"Poor Mr. Flibbety Jib, with a rumble bumble bumble in his head. We'll try the country life he said, we'll try it, we'll try it, and maybe if we like we'll buy it."

I forget the rest of the words, I haven't heard them for over 50 years, but the gist of it is he moves to the country and the noises there annoy him just as much.

This was a 78 rpm record thinner than the average 78 and the size of a

45 and I still have it in the next room, but no time to paly it right now. It was probably a present in 1950 when I was 3.
Reply to
mm

When you are planting trees or shrubs for sound deadening purposes you don't buy sticks and twigs and seedling plants...

You have to spend real money and buy nearly fully grown specimens...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

That's what I'm saying.

Well you can't buy 15 foot bushes, but you can get bigger than whatever they send mail order.

Reply to
mm

Heh, reminds me of my foray to a an old family friend's 200 acre spread upstate. Man, all I did was run from goddamm dive-bombing deer flies.... holy shit.....

When I got back, I looked at the concrete underfoot in a kind of religious ecstacy..... I thought I was going to need stitches from those deer flies....

Reply to
Existential Angst

[...]

I vote for the landscaping solution and suggest you consider a clumping bamboo. Most tropical bamboos are clumping types - you don't want the running bamboo because it can get out of control. Something like Buddha Belly bamboo or giant timber bamboo will provide a sound barricade and a good-looking landscaping backdrop. It will not only be a sound barrier, but also when there is any wind it sways in the breeze and sounds like soft wooden wind chimes. Finally, in the unlikely event of a hurricane, it will provide an excellent windbreak, bending but not breaking and providing some protection for your property.

I planted the bamboo for other reasons, but have discovered it almost completely blocks the sounds of noisy kids having a party at the swimming pool next door. It also is a very restful appearance looking at it through the patio doors to that side of the house. It provides a shaded area for our orchid collection and is now home to many birds that nest and roost there where they're protected from predators.

Reply to
JimR

Now I'm curious. What country is this that has cheap work but rules as onerous as the USA's.

Reply to
mm

Where on earth are you from ? You can't buy 15' tall bushes at Home Depot or Lowe's for $19.95 like the ones they sell in the 2 gallon pots, but you can buy such plants all the way up to fully grown trees at a true Nursery/Garden Center...

15' foot plants are really considered "medium" sized and can be sold balled and burlaped... Think of REALLY big when you imagine why Nurseries and Garden Centers need equipment like this to transport plants they are selling or delivering...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan