No water from my cold laundry line

All faucets in my house are working on both hot and cold sides, however with my washing machine lines, only the hot turns on. When I turn the valve for cold NOTHING. Any ideas as to what this could be? I checked under the house to trace the lines and do not see an extra shut off valve.

Reply to
Scott Mason

Maybe the screen in the line attached to the washer is clogged. I used to have this problem before I put a sediment filter on our well water line. Never fully stopped but slowed to a trickle.

Reply to
Frank

This the actual feed _to_ the washer or the washer itself only runs HOT. If the latter that could be washer setting or its control valve solenoid.

If it is the valve itself, mayhaps the stem isn't moving with the handle...what kind of valve is it?

Reply to
dpb

  1. Has it ever worked; i.e., is this a new problem?
  2. If you unscrew the hose from the faucet, does the faucet work?
Reply to
Wade Garrett