New Tile Floor - How to attach threshold?

I just finished tiling a bathroom. Now I need to install the threshold. I tiled right up to the doorway where hardwood from the other room begins. The threshold will sit on the wood. It is some type of marble or stone.

How should it attach to the floor? I removed the old materials with a BFH and the old threshold was just sitting on the wood. No glue or thinset or mortar. How it didn't work loose in 40 years I don't know.

Thinset? Glue? Chewing gum? Gravity?

Thanks!

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

If it is really marble or stone, then I would use a few dabs or dashes of clear adhesive caulk. Not a sealant, but an adhesive. I like the urethanes or polyurethanes.

Even construction adhesive would work.

The reason that you thought there was nothing holding it in place is probably because it was a clear adhesive.

Reply to
Robert Allison

There was some beer and a large hammer involved - definitely could have missed that.

Hopefully I have some clear adhesive caulk at home, otherwise it's yet another tube to buy and use one pump from...

Thanks!

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Generally, marble thresholds in those instances are set with the same grout as the floor, when the floor is grouted,

Same with window sills.

At least they were when I used to set 'em...mmmm... some thirty-x years ago. -----

- gpsman

Reply to