New roof

How much do you think I would be likely to pay for a new roof?

1830 square ft.
Reply to
Harmony Seldon

Well, it depends.

What kind of roof? Asphalt shingles, clay tile, concrete tile, shakes, composite, metal roof?

What slope (5 to 12, 8 to 12, greater?)

Where in the world are you, and how strong is your currency?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

At least $100..

Reply to
Jack Lime

Somewhere between $900 and $12,000, depending.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

Or less, if you happen to live in a thatched hut.

Reply to
Yen

The $900 wouldn't be a problem.

Reply to
Harmony Seldon

Price I had was 4X the price of a shingle roof Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'll probably go with the least expensive option.

Reply to
Harmony Seldon

yes, you are correct........... providing that is all sides of the roof (61' x 30') it would cost you aprox. $2500 for a "new" roof not a tear off.

Reply to
3GCPO

I could probably handle that.

I heard an add on the radio today where they advertized roofs that would last 10, 15 and 20 years with the price depending on which roof I want.

How long do you think I could expect the roof to last when paying $2500?

Reply to
Harmony Seldon