new lighting standards

We have had three 1.6gpf toilets for 4 or 5 years, and they work fine. Some on the market now have even larger traps, so they may well work just as well -- or better -- with even less water.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

In , HeyBub said in part:

It appears to me that this line is an overstatement detracting from your argument. Treehouses and Boy Scout tents appear to me to be put into use and to be used either when/where/how building codes have less applicability, or when/where there is cultural lack of enforcement of building codes that make such things illegal.

Furthermore, it appears to me that treehouses and tents rank very low worldwide for energy consumption for climate control. As a result, I expect that their exemptions, whether overtly legal or a matter of local culture, did well, continue to do well, and will do so in the foreseeable future and do so justifiably.

I like what you said elsewhere about (IIRC) Texas penal code allowing use of deadly force to defend property. But I think that exaggerating negative effect of proposed upcoming laws calls into question credibility of opponents of proposed upcoming laws.

Don Klipstein

And so how many gallons per flush are those mandated toilets that are so weak as to be rentals rented to be present for the inspection?

As much as I heard 1.6 gallon/flush toilets badmouthed 5-12 years ago, the best-flushing toilets I ever saw were 1.6 gallon/flush ones that came in after the earlier failing 1.6-GPF ones that appeared to me "to be made for showing insufficiency of 1.6 GPF toilets".

Don Klipstein

The toilet we have here at the grouchy old fart's lair must be one of the older low water usage variety. I have to be very careful and flush it after the first load of ready mix or it will clog up and overflow. Sometimes I'll have a three flusher. I've often been told I'm full of it but that's ridiculous. The old standard potties work well for me. I even carry my own drilled out shower head with me when I travel.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas