I measured from the elbow of the vent pipe, I've got 64" clear from the floor to the bottom of the elbow (which can't be relocated any higher). Only leaves 4" to work within.
If that won't work, maybe I can get the shorter unit. But that's a bigger diameter, and it could involve additional mounting work. I'll have my plumber guy take a look before I commit to the larger capacity.
Questions: I don't mind paying a little more for the 10-year warranty, IF you're actually getting something for it. Is the extra money worth it? Or -- are you getting the same unit (no physical differences), but just "paying up front" for the additional warranty period?
On 5/8/2017 9:20 PM, John Albert wrote:

Why do you want a 50 gallon?
On 2017-05-08 10:15 PM, Meanie wrote:

Yep, two people with a 40 gallon is just fine, perfect even.
--
Froz....

On 5/8/2017 9:20 PM, John Albert wrote:

Sounds like a lot of "ifs" for the extra 10 gallons. We've never had a problem with 4 people and a 40 gallon tank. Do you have hot water shortages?

Don't know for sure, but that seems to be the case.
On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 11:07:31 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

There are also water heaters with higher firing capacity, which might work out to be similar to having the 50 gal upgrade. For dimensions, I would think the various websites would have the drawings and complete dimensions.