New furnace

My thermostat is off but my furnace still runs it turns on off allot It doesn't run consistently
On 11/15/2016 10:14 PM, Penni Snyder wrote:

How new? You should get the installer to check it out

Modern furnace fans are designed to run after the burner shuts down to transfer latent heat from the burner to the house. Once the burner cools off, the fan stops.
On 11/15/2016 08:14 PM, Penni Snyder wrote:

What sort of furnace? I have a forced air/gas furnace. In the warmer months the pilot light generates enough heat to trigger the circulating fan. The furnace itself does not come on just. I turn the pilot off in the summer.
On 11/15/2016 10:32 PM, rbowman wrote:

Pilot light?
Furnaces have not had pilot lights for 30 (?) years.
Yours must be ancient.
On 11/16/2016 05:49 AM, philo wrote:

It is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCyXw2EWuA

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 10:14:56 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:

do you have a separate hot water hater or does your furnace also supply hot water for your house?

What's a 'hot water hater'? <smile>
--
Maggie

snipped-for-privacy@2thxgiving.day says...

The one that heats the hot water. If you want the cold water warm, then you get a cold water heater.
On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 17:47:30 -0500, Ralph Mowery

I'm still looking for a hot water cooler ....
On 11/16/2016 6:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I have one in the kitchen. Everyone in my neighborhood has one. You put bottles of water in it or you hook a line to the dispenser and cold water comes out. Even makes ice.

Come to think of it, don't they recommend hooking the water line going to the refrigerator ice maker to the hot water line. Same line would go to the cool water if the refrig has that option. That would make it a hot water cooler.
On 11/16/2016 04:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Second law of thermodynamics...
On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 10:59:19 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I've never seen a furnace heat water. Furnaces heat air, boilers heat water. But then the post did come from home moaners hub, so who knows, you may be on to something....
On 11/16/2016 6:29 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Or maybe you're an idiot?
https://www.google.com/search?q fine%3A+furnace
an appliance fired by gas, oil, or wood in which air or water is heated to be circulated throughout a building in a heating system.

Mabee??? Come on, it's TRADER you are talking about - - - -
On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 9:00:54 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Go fuck yourself Clarabelle!
On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 7:21:43 PM UTC-5, Buzz wrote:

Instead of going to google for a definition, why don't you look at how the manufacturers use the terms, how the HVAC trade uses the terms? That's what we're talking about here, a home heating system. Show us some manufacturers of boilers that call them furnaces or vice-versa. Show me a spec sheet for some home boilers where they call it a furnace.
On 11/17/2016 10:02 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Today we accept any definition we think sounds good or makes us have good self esteem. Many years ago I worked for a company that made HVAC products. I was taught by the head engineer: Boiler = water Furnace air.

Agreed, and here is some additional reinforcement for your definition.
http://www.slantfin.com/difference-between-boiler-furnace/