New faucet - water doesn't splash

Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the previous faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was filling the tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash at all. It just makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and when it hits the water in the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that creates the no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

Muggles

I cannot answer your question, but .....

That tub looks pretty full to me - especially if you intend getting into it! ;-)

Reply to
David B.

It looks to me that the water flow is much slower than your old tub faucet.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

It appears it's ready to overflow...better shut it off.

This is merely a guess.... type of aerator and higher velocity are usually the main culprits in a splash. The new flow reducing faucets have less velocity than before and the the aerators offer a smoother flow. Also take into consideration the distance between faucet and sink. The closer it is the less splash.

Reply to
Meanie

hmm I've turned it on full force and just barely on, and still no splash.

Reply to
Muggles

I did turn it off! LOL I thought it would make a better picture for comparison is I let it fill closer to the top.

hmm I don't get any splash when the water is low, either. The only time I was able to make it splash any at all was when I interrupted the water flow by touching it and letting it run over my hand briefly. Then it didn't really splash much, but made air bubbles in the top of the water that dissipated within a few seconds.

One of the coolest things to watch is the top of the water doesn't even ripple while the faucet is on! Kind of fascinating.

Reply to
Muggles

On Sat 27 May 2017 09:02:06a, Muggles told us...

I would like it if it didn't splash. It can be messy.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

yeah, but it sure is a problem when I want a bubble bath!

Reply to
Muggles

no problem!

Taxed and Spent