Neon Pilot Won't Light on Wall Switch

Of course you can. Why would you not be able to?

Doug Miller

Assumption on your part.

Doug Miller

Right. That's why my post said "neutral / ground", implying one or the other. Another poster correctly indicated that using ground in lieu of neutral could cause a problem if a GFCI breaker were used on the circuit in question.

20 posts and counting.....
Reply to
Travis Jordan

Yes, and it was good one :-)

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Because he doesn't have a neutral connection. Or a ground connection, either.

23 posts and counting.......
Reply to
Travis Jordan

criple fight!!!

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Hot and neutral.

22 posts and counting.......
Reply to
Travis Jordan

Right... so why can't he use a device that requires hot and neutral?

Doug Miller

No evidence for that, in the OP's statements so far.

Let me rephrase: *unwarranted* assumption on your part.

Doug Miller

He said he has a two-wire system. You acknowledge in another post that you understand that the two wires are hot and neutral. So how does he not have "a neutral connection"?

Doug Miller

God has a slow internet connection. One day s/he'll get FTTP.

I know you meant "lights when the switch is off".

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Oops - Just to set the record straight and to increment the post count (sorry, Matt).

I should have said (as stated earlier in the thread..)...

In the OP's case, it is a switched circuit - ie. 'hot' and 'load'.

But you all know that by now.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Ummm.... when and where did the OP ever say that? We've had two people so far, you and someone else, *assuming* that to be the case, but not, as far as I can tell, with any basis whatever in anything that the OP has written.

Doug Miller

I wonder where you are. I bought one at the local HD and had the same problem. I returned it as defective.

When I got the new one home I saw the switch body was marked to say it was lighted.

My guess is that some petty crook had done a swap and put the original switch into a standard switch package and waltzed out feeling so f***ing proud of himself.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress