Neighbor's Wood-Burning

soundem like wife make much smoke while hubbyman at work

mebbe do nothing

mebbe getem hubbyman and wife in you house at same time while smoke bad

mebbe givem wife electric blankey to replace smoke while hubbyman at work

mebbe have em wife holyman/woman visit you house while smoke beum in air much

mebbe move into house upwind

mebbe install "stop the smoke" protest signs

mebbe some, all, or none of the above

but in you title, you call them neighbor, so mebbe bottom line be nice

Reply to
effi

THAT'S IT! Thanks to you and Gino, I figured out what it was, because when I called Gnarly Wife, she said "We've been burning garbage twice a week for the last ten years." They're the richest people on the road, but they are the only ones who don't have garbage pick-up. Oh, now I'm REALLY foamin'.

Reply to
tioga0630

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us....

Not that I would do this but maybe call your trash hauler and sign them up.

Either that or get gnarley wife a date w/ skunk!

Reply to
Tekkie

I HATE the smell of burning garbage. There are a few folks around us, not next door but near enough to smell, that still burn garbage on occasion. It isn't all the time, but it still reeks.

I spent 8 months last year in Baghdad with my national guard unit, the smell of raw sewage and burning garbage will always remind me of that place.

Reply to
twstanley

If you were in Bagdad, you should know how to deal with the neighbor. Just toss a hand gernade in the window and say "bye". While you're at it, burn the whole neighborhood so nobody bothers you anymore. You;ll only smell the garbage (neighbors bodies) burning till the fire dept put out all the fires and hauls the dead bodys to the morgue.

Reply to
sawblade

Reply to
daman

I was just remarking to the original poster who had the complaints about neighbors burning something which was later determined to be garbage. The folks who do burn garbage around here do it rarely and it is quite a ways away so I don't have a problem with it. And no, I REALLY would not rather be in Baghdad. haha.

Reply to
twstanley

wrote >

Hey, I think you said this guy is an old friend, and this is worth a lot to have a friend as a neighbor, even if you don't get along so well with the wife.

If it's not a huge cost, maybe ask them if they'd do garbage pick up if you paid 1/2, 1/3 whatever. Might be worth the cost of keeping a friend and good neighbor.

These seemingly petty problems can really sour a neighbor relationship beyond repair and are worth trying to solve in a friendly fashion.

Camilo

Reply to
Camilo