Neighbor problem

redundant.

Pour grass killer on 10-12 feet of his property to see how he likes it and hope for civil war so he could legally kill the christian jew cop squatter.

The justice system is inept.

Reply to
Yankee Rebel

Civil war is the best answer to rid the jew squatter problem.

voodoo disease 666

Reply to
Yankee Rebel

is. If you don't, it's its.

ours, and likewise yours

And support the jew court system? Bull.

voodoo disease 666

Police suck. They are equal to dogs which is why they work together.

voodoo disease 666

Reply to
Yankee Rebel

Yea like what my piss consists of.

Death to the christian jew cop government

Reply to
Yankee Rebel

I've considered this (have one set of unfriendly neighbors), but then I would need to leave space to go over and trim the hedge - no? Then I'd have to maintain that....

Banty

Reply to
Banty

The OP has stated that he is not allowed to build a fence. How about a stone wall a foot or two high? Or even cheaper, how about a single line of rectangular concrete paving stones running along the property line with the tops flush with the ground? Kinda like a very narrow walkway. Since the stones will prevent grass growing at the line, there would be no need for the neighbor to mow beyond the stones and would provide a visual line of demarcation.

Reply to
willshak

"NO TRESSPASSING" sign. $3.00.

Reply to
JerryMouse

started

Reply to
Yankee Rebel

The neighbour was NOT told not to trespass. The neighbour was asked to raise his mower when he came on to the property.

I think the first step, before anything else, is to speak to the neighbour and CLEARLY specify what is wanted - that the neighbour NOT mow the lawn past the property line. All the other suggestions (hedge, lawyer's letter, minefield, whatever) should come after this basic first step. No sense assuming that the neighbour won't be reasonable until they've been asked, in a clear and concise manner, to abide by the property line.

Regards,

George Wenzel

Reply to
George Wenzel

You could put the hedge in a mulched bed that borders the property, but allows you room at the edge of the bed to maintain the hedge and renew the mulch periodically.

Or you could plant something that grows slowly, tall and narrow, like arbor vitae, which needs no pruning.

FurPaw

Reply to
FurPaw

WE told that to King George in the 18th century. WE had to send Ben Franklin to France to get them to help my family dying of starvation at Valley Forge by you rich loyalist tax sucking maggots.

CIVIL WAR 2004

Criminology my ass. Where did you get your edumacation? The Bible?

Reply to
Yankee Rebel

"m Ransley" strikes again! Nothing useful OR authoritative...just drivel for the sake of a post.

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

And of course you had to quote all of it. If it hadn't been for you, I would never have seen it. Thanks for nothing.

Just killfile Ransley. I think nearly everyone else here already has.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Hey, just trying to "cleanse" the group. But you're right. Next time I'll

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

There is nothing else you can do to "be nice" with your prick neighbor! Many low IQ human beings just totally walk all over other peoples rights! Now you must decide...do you want to piss him off and continue living next to him?

Here's an idea! Pull twine between your two property stakes on his side of your property. Carefully go down the line and use fluoresent orange marker spray paint to illustrate for him the property line. This should solve the problem the next time he cuts the grass! If he still comes over the line to cut the grass, get a witness to go with you to confront the bastard. Ask him a pointed question..."Why in the hell do you continue coming on my property and cutting the grass?" Why?

No matter what his response, tell him this is the last time you are going to warn him not to come on your yard to mow the grass. This is the tricky part...if he makes a threat against you have a witness on hand to hear what he said. This will enable you to get a judgement against him for your trouble if you have to take him to court.

Just in case you need it, have your 357 Magnum nearby. Do not threaten him but it's amazing how fast you will get his attention if that Smith & Wesson is pointed right between his eyes...just say halt or I'll shoot you! Even low IQ persons understand how fast they will die after being shot.

I hope you don't have to go that far but you never can tell.

Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill

This is the best idea I have seen!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I had a similar issue, and planted a line of small evergreens. Rocks would probably work too, come to think of it. But the rebar wouldn't pull out..I like that one.

Reply to
mark

actually you'd be suprised.

I use rebar as stakes for our pavilion (tent) and while they hold really really well while in place and under tension, they come out with ease when it is time to pack.

I've used anything from 1/2"x24" to 1"x36+" (which did require a knock or two with a sledge to remove).

Reply to
Philip Lewis

Putting rebar in the ground in this situation is a very bad idea. Being short, at least partially hidden in the grass, they are an accident waiting to happen. Someone walking along could very easily trip, land on the rebar, and seriously injure themselves.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Then bend over the tops like I did. It only took a vice and a hammer.... of course when I get the forge started it will become a much easier task. ;)

Besides.... if he red flags them for a while (as initially suggested) they should not be tripped over.

Actually, I think just red flagging the border (I assume they mean the thin wire with a red flappy bit) for a while should be a clear enough message.

As far as adverse possession goes, here is my understanding of the matter.

Telling him to raise the mower when he mows the area lets him know that you know it is not his property, and gives him "permission" to voluntarily maintain it, and is not "adverse". He also, by not "correcting" you acknowledges your ownership.

If you asked him to stay off the property, and he doesn't, *then* the clock starts, and "X" (15-20?) years latter (assuming he continues) there might be a claim for adverse possession.

That's my laymans understanding, of course... if you really want to know, hire a lawyer.

Reply to
Philip Lewis