Need to convince the wife that it's crud on her countertop (not grout)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, sf belched:

I don't know who in this thread started the crosspost, but iffen ya'll in RFC would strip it from your own replies it would at least diminish the thread considerably in RFC jmo ymmv

Reply to
ChairMan

Much agreement and I will kill the thread after this. I hate crossposts too. This got started because some dummkopf thought if the subject is applicable to both groups, both will appreciate a broader approach to it. NO, we don't! The OP who (obviously) participates in both groups thought it was a good idea, but it only annoys everyone else.

News Flash to the idiot OP: Next time you have the urge to crosspost a thread - make identical, but separate posts to both groups and YOU do the work of reading both threads. Don't piss off posters in two different news groups like you did with this thread.

Of course, there's always the possibility that whoever did it is a resident trouble maker of one of the groups (probably using two different nyms) - so it's par for the course.

Reply to
sf

Yes. We use the placards for my MIL and dad when we have to transport them.

Reply to
Julie Bove

It's crud to me. Any recessed gap like those on a countertop are bound to collect crud. My bathroom floor tiles are much better grouted and easier to sanitize than that countertop. If it wasn't crud it wouldn't scrape put with a screwdriver. And if it's soft grout, it's still crud. Countertop grout should be hard, otherwise you might as well call it caulk. It's probably a poorly mixed grout in there. Clean it out and re-grout using a properly hard-setting grout, flush or almost flush with the top. I'm not even thinking about food safety, which is a real issue. Just the thought of food being prepped around crud is unappetizing. Your choice is epoxy or cement based, colored black. I'd probably use cement, and if didn't work out after some years, I'd grind out the top

3/16" or so and try epoxy. That's not a big job on your countertop.
Reply to
Vic Smith

He's still trying to process the word "learned".

I've removed it several times. The shit-for-brains hardware store nerd at the top of the thread and his minions apparently insist on reinserting it.

Reply to
Nunya Bidnits

I plan on cleaning "her" oven at night, when nobody's looking. I'm gonna hit that "clean" button, and let 'er bake. In the morning, it will be all clean, and she won't know how.

Reply to
Danny D

Hey, anyone who names themselves dufus and can't even spell it has no business criticizing anyone for anything.

And yes, I can easily KF an entire thread, you don't know what you're talking about.

That's nothing to brag about.

So you entirely miss the totally obvious point that I don't want to see ANY more comments in ANY thread from the primary blithering idiots involved in that discussion. Clearly you missed the discussion, dropped in at the end, and decided to share your sage advice with those who know more than you. Sorry it didn't work out.

Now run along kid, and go tell your mother she wants you.

MartyB

Reply to
Nunya Bidnits

You don't need, nor want, to convince the wife of anything.

Remember, if your wife is happy and you're not, you're still happier than if you were happy and she wasn't.

Reply to
HeyBub

Based on this thread alone... if his wife kills him, it will clearly be a case of justifiable homicide. She spend less time in jail than Martha.

Reply to
DD_BobK

All the proof the defense needs is in this thread alone. With lots of other supporting evidence in others

Reply to
ChairMan

Obviously you never used the clean button before. It locks the door and heats it up so hot as to *cook* it clean and it does smell like something is burning

Reply to
ChairMan

Hell no, I'm a troublemaker. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Dufas" is a proper surname Numb Buns. Display your ignorance for all to see, it's entertaining. I suppose the play on words is lost on you as it usually is on those who claim ownership of Usenet enough to bitch about things or fail to view any post without the proper seasoning, if you must limit your salt intake, there are salt substitutes. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas