Need to buy a transmission jack for a Tacoma clutch - HF has a sale - advice?

Not just "considered by many" but "proven"

If your manual says GL4 or GL% the trans uses carbon fiber syncro rings, not yellow prass. You can then use what you like. My Ranger has a Toyo Kogyo (Mazda) trans that specifies Mercon or Dexron II fluid - and Mercon V makes it shift like CRAP - For a short time Ford had said to use MerconV in all their transmissions formerly using Mercon - but not long after recinded that for the M50D.

Reply to
clare

DOT 4 meets and excedes all specs for DOT4 - use it in good faith. It can handle higher temperatures - DOT 4 was introduced for high performance disc brakes that boiled and cooked DOT3.

DO NOT use DOT5.

Reply to
clare

Sorry -DOT 4 meets and excedes all specs for DOT3

Reply to
clare

harry newton posted for all of us...

If you have repaired drum brakes than you can rebuild. If you haven't I don't know if you need any honing tools or not and would go with the re-hacked stuff.

Reply to
Tekkie®