Need super flush for toilet

I have the same problem (though usually caused by me). We recently purchased a house that has new plumbing & toilets, but perhaps the water conserving kind. Ironically, I have to flush 2-3 times every time it plugs up so I doubt we're conserving much water. This probably happens at least 50% of the time (when going #2) so its a real hassle, not to mention embarassing for guests. Would also appreciate any help.

W.D.

Reply to
W.D.

These are Al Gore toilets, limited to about 2 1/2 gallons per flush. They are a continual problem.

Reply to
James

I realize from personal experience they're a continual problem! Can these things be turbocharged? Or do the Gore toilets need to be replaced with a George W. Bush water-guzzling model? ;-)

Reply to
W.D.

I have an American Standard Cadet. Interesting how other people have problems with their toilets.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Subject: Re: Need super flush for toilet Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => tm 1.Oatmeal and raisins. If that fails, have her cut the turds up with a

That's disgusting. I would suggest a "courtesy flush" after each dropping.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Seems my daughter clogs the toilet every time she goes. Of course, you say "tell her to take a stool softener", and you get "Yeah, dad, like that's going to happen!!!".

Any experience or comments about super flush devices out there? Any help and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Reply to
John T. Howard

Depending on when they were bought and manufactured.

Kohler, AS people would admit that original low flow designs were pretty bad. They did not have a lab, and no testing was performed.

Now they saying gov should lower to limit to 1Gal,

On the new house we have all low water use 1.7gpfs, and they work much better than 3.5 we had on the old house.

Don't buy $49 models like Menards they don't work.

Brian

Bush toilet models just make sounds like: mmmm, a-a-a, NUKULER and put you in the deep debt.

Reply to
Brian

Try renting a porta-potty and have it empted every week.

Reply to
Mikepier

Hold the handle down and use the whole tankful of water. That should do it

"If its brown, hold it down"

Reply to
Rudy

You have been brainwashed by another agency of government working at cross-purposes to the "save water" branch.

The health minions in the feral government demand that you eat (at least) five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. These "things" - they are not "food," they are what "food" eats - generate "floaters." Real food generates "sinkers."

Now the fix is simple: let the fruits and nuts eat the fruits and nuts. You stick to RED MEAT (yum). Your problems with the toilet will disappear.

Reply to
HeyBub

First remember that most modern toilets have two flush modes. The single flush and a heaver duty hold the handle down flush.

When shopping look for fully glazed traps and at least a 2 inch trap, larger is better.

AS Cadet seems to be the model of choice based on price and problems. Note there are a number of different models including one power flush (noisy) but effective version of the Cadet.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You don't want an Al Gore toilet. It saws down your trees for photo op. Trees are worse.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

1.Oatmeal and raisins. If that fails, have her cut the turds up with a butter knife before flushing.
Reply to
tm

New lowflush toilets? Put in for house resale? Is that a requirement in NJ like in CA? I'll bet they bought the cheapest $49 lowflo toilets which are just old style toilets with a smaller tank. Rip them out, go get you the good $300 lowflo toilets.

Reply to
tm

Well there's yer problem, you're using too much water. Supposed to be

1.6gallons.

or

Reply to
tm

Naw, them GW Bush models'll just put you deep in debt. Hell, might even kill one of yer kids. Best bet is to try and find one of them Badnarik models, they're hard to find but if you do find one you can smoke pot while sittin' on it.

Reply to
tm

What if it's just one big sinker? Ever have one of those? After a couple/three cheeseburgers? Just one big solid turd? Or maybe one real big one first and a then couple of smaller ones? What then? Just go ahead and clog the toilet? Let it soak for a couple of days in the hopes that it will soften up? Flush, or chop first and then flush? The op's daughter won't eat right, what makes you think she'll clean up floor feces?

Reply to
tm

Run the fire hose in it.

Reply to
tm

The Toto models with "G Max" have a trap considerably bigger than the norm, and a rather impressive flushing action. those modeals are allegedly equivalent to a traditional pressure-assist system.

I've been quite pleased with the Toto "Ultramax" model I've had for about 3 years. Certainly on the pricey side compared to the builders' specials, but I guess ya' gets what ya' pays for. The couple of times I've had a problem with the mechanism, the tech support folks talked me through the issues without incident.

Art Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

Reply to
Arthur Shapiro

Stop eating so much that makes you have large droppings in your toilet.

Reply to
Stephen King