Need new gas range

I need to get a new gas slide-in range for under $600. I looked in the home repair archives, thanks to GOOGLE, but saw no real evaluations. The one I had broke and the manufacturer couldn't find anyone to fix it so they bought out my warranty for $600.

Does anyone have any feelings on this? Or can you please steer me to a place?

TIA. aloha from rainy Kona, Thunder

Farmers & Sellers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
Smithfarms Pure Kona

sorry dude, the best I could do was the ge slide in range, for a grand. I have a island and needed the no back solution. If your range is on a wall you should be able to get a range for 4-5 hundred bucks.

there stuff is pricey I bought mine at Sears..... yep best price in Phoenix at the time.

not sorry at all that I spent the money.

Reply to
SQLit

One site I've found to be kinda fun & informative is

It's a good site for some things, not bad for others. I haven't tried it for gas ranges, but it'd be worth a look IME.

Joe F.

Reply to
rb608

Try rec.food.equipment Lot of opinions there. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Good luck! I found a couple (2) for around $800 (see the following link), most are $1,000+ unless maybe you can find a second or a scratch and dent model.

I don't think I'd bother for the price range you're looking. Sorry.

What is the problem with it? What make and model?

Now that you don't have to rely on the warranty company's service, is there any other local appliance companies which can give it a crack?

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Dan O --Because you were willing to ask questions, I'll answer...I had an Amana gas range bought from a small local dealer, 3 years old with self cleaning, a 30 inch slide-in. At about 3 years, Amana offered me a warranty- I didn't have one before as I assumed all would be perfect. So knowing that our self-cleaning wasn't perfect, I took Amana up on the offer for a $65 warranty. We had already called for an Amana tech to come ad after 3 weeks he didn't appear. I know it might sound as though we took advantage of Amana to buy the warranty, but it came in the door.

To make a 3 month story shorter, we got the warranty, the Amana tech never did come, and after a solid month of calling Amana and the warranty place to have our stove fixed, they offered me 600 for my stove, cash because they could not find a tech in my area. I took the $600. I can't remember how much it cost originally. Your assumption that I don't what a fancy stove is correct. I am afraid cooking is just a basic chore around here, But after 4 months of no oven!, I am looking forward to using an oven.

FYI, yada yada yada -I went to Home Depot and found a recommended Hot-Point, suggested by applianceadvisor.com, and bought it within my price range. I did as much research as possible, thanks to people here too, and for my very rural locale, I found what I think is the best value for my money.,

aloha from kona, Thunder

Farmers & Sellers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
Smithfarms Pure Kona

That's unusual for a big company like Maytag (which owns Amana). Are you sure it was Amana's warranty and not a third party warranty company?

I can see a warranty company not being able to find a tech willing to do the work as they don't usually pay trade's people very well from what I've experienced.

... for my very rural locale

That sometimes happens in rural areas I'm afraid.

Glad to hear it but what I meant by not bothering to research was I'm sure there wasn't that great of selection to choose between in your stated price range.

I hope you have better luck with GE's service in your area (should it be required) as they make and support Hotpoint appliances.

Happy cooking!

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

To finish the discussion:)..the check was sent to me by Maytag Dependability Plus.

Waiting for my new Hot Point to come in from another island and I am dreaming of what I will cook in the stove:). It has been 4 months of no stove use:). aloha, Thunder