Need help with getting rid of skunks.

I have noticed a pair of skunks around my house. Please suggest a good repellent solution.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce K.

sorry, the devil made me say that... also a college roommate pulled that stunt...

Reply to
FireBrick

Knew a couple of fellows who would hunt skunks at night with a flashlight and a baseball bat - beat them to death. Claimed to have never been sprayed, they never smelled like it either. YMMV

Reply to
Nick Hull

Why? Are they bothering you? They're just trying to make a living.

Probably honeymooners looking to put down roots in the community.

Meanwhile, they do a good job of clearing out pests: roaches, moles, clams, whatever.

Reply to
JerryMouse

They also like to dig up lawns in search of grubs...spray pets or yourself as you walk out to your car at night.

Stinky li'l buggars. :o)

Reply to
Les Nessman

They sell something called fox blood that keeps skunks away. Keep your trash covered tighly and put Something down on your lawn to kill grubs as this is most likely what they are after. You will see holes dup in the grass if you have them. You can also peel back a section of lawn and see if there are any grubs underneath the sod. I had the same problem with skunks. I had grubs in the lawn. Once the grubs were gone so were skunks. And Dont worry skunks wont spray unless they are cornered or threatened. They make cute pets!

Reply to
Randd01

Move to the city. You'll probably meet another class of skunks, some with guns.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

According to Randd01 :

We have a bit of a grub problem, and the skunks have it reasonably under control. We prefer to avoid chemicals on our property. Yes, the skunks dig holes, but in our case at least, not that much, so we just kick the clods back into place and forget about it.

Skunks are very reluctant to spray. They do a lot of threatening first (raise tail, stomp feet, and make other noise) in an attempt to avoid letting fly.

The only time I've ever heard of a person being sprayed was when he ran over a skunk on his bicycle in the middle of the night...

But some dogs never learn...

True, but it's a bit difficult to domesticate an adult...

Reply to
Chris Lewis