Need advice on ice maker valve replacement

I've found there are several types of people. Some noble folks (such as myself) enjoy sharing wisdom, and seeing others succeed.

Less noble people might be in competition all the time, trying to get ahead.

Minimally noble people try to tear others down.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wrong again. Flood insurance is available in most areas that are flood prone, at least here in the USA.

I'd like to see the many homeowner's policies that don't cover wind, the house burning down due to lightning, etc. Earthquakes, yes. But I've yet to see a homeowner's policy that doesn't cover the house burning down from a lightning strike.

Reply to
trader_4

I wonder what my "Act of God coverage" actually is. I should look it up.

I've had damage caused by the *results* of wind (and other "Acts Of God") which the Ins Co covered but the damage wasn't the direct result of the "Act".

Heavy winds caused a large limb to come down on my house from a neighboring tree. The Ins Co covered the damage caused by the fallen limb.

An ice storm caused a large limb to come down on my house from a neighboring tree. That limb took out my electrical service and damaged some siding. The Ins Co covered the damage caused by the fallen limb.

A micro burst toppled a tree which totaled my van. The Ins Co covered the damage caused by fallen tree.

I wonder what would have happened if the wind had ripped off my siding or the ice storm caused my gutters to fall off or the micro-burst had flipped my van over. Each of those would have resulted in damage caused *directly* by the "Act Of God", not "indirect" damage from trees that were damaged by the Act.

I assume I would have been covered, but I honestly don't know.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

During Sandy I had substantial roof damage due to high winds and then some water damage as a further consequence. Homeowners covered it all. They also covered a sliding screen door that got blown off and destroyed.

Reply to
trader_4

Good to know. No problems caused by Jonas?

Reply to
DerbyDad03