Need a switch or cover to discourage people from turning off lights

ALE

I wasn't specific about my current switch setup since I'm going to be adding a number of new lights in the near future, so I was trying to get ideas about what would be practical and effective in general.

Yes, there's a picky woman in the house, and she doesn't like stuff that looks "junky".

The switches will all be near outside doors, one of which *is* in the living room.

A lot a good ideas have popped up in this thread, and that'll help me to figure out what will work best.

Thanks.

Reply to
ShadowTek

I don't know how aggressive these people are. :-) I've seen silver- colored metal covers for individual switches. The screws that hold on the cover plate are replaced with one half of a snap, and the cover, shaped like ____ __| |__ ,

has the other half of the snap, and snaps on, and will shap off when you want. I'll look for a url.

Well I didn't find the metal ones I was thinking of yet, but these will work for you.

These snap on. Observant Jews use them or other designs to keep from accidentally turning the lights on or off on the Sabbath. Snaps might be better if they are harder to take off.

are magnetic.

I think the flat ones are only for the big rocker switches.

Not today, but I've also seen them with a plastic box surrounding the lever, and a flat cover on the box, but I think that is part of the wall plate and might not come in more than 1-gang.

P&M

Reply to
mm