Stopping a socket switch being turned off

This was discussed recently, and I mentioned fitting a special purpose cover over the switch for the freezer; it works well.
This is a different problem, and I used to have a solution but I don't know where to buy it any more.
We have elderly mother-in-law coming to live with us, and on her visits she often turns things off that really ought to be left on. However, we do want to turn these things off a fair amount, so the all encompassing cover isn't the answer.
We used to get little red plastic things from Betterware (who don't seem to do them any more). Essentially, a little hinged bit of plastic, self adhesive at one end, that fitted over just the switch. It could be popped open to operate the switch, so wasn't obtrusive. It is just enough of a deterrent.
Anyone recognise these and know where to buy them? Googling various phrases brings up thousands of irrelevant hits.
Something similar would do: - small and neat - not a bodge, or obtrusive - easily disengaged - preferably red to discourage fiddling!
Thanks for any help
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
Bob Eager wrote:

Unswitched sockets for the things that are more on than off?
--
Scott

On 24/02/2015 18:31, Bob Eager wrote:

Not red, but it does prevent switches being operated accidentally:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Colin Bignell

[28 lines snipped]

£8.39?
They're 'aving a laugh.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 56th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem. If you have a problem with my attitude,
On 25/02/2015 10:43, Huge wrote:

but...but...but...it's for the chiiildren.
--
Colin Bignell

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 18:31:12 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

Red electrical tape...?
On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:32:52 +0000, Adrian wrote:

Doesn't survive us turning it on and off and is a bit inconvenient.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

Superglue then.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

google for "socket covers", but if you wnat them in read, i ssupect you'd have to paint them yourself - or use "sticky-backed plastic".
I used to use them in the wings at the theatre to prevent people knocking things off/on by accident.
--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18
On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:56:50 +0000, charles wrote:

As I said, I'm after something a LOT smaller. The things I used to use are about 30mm long and less than 10mm wide. They really fit just over the switch.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

What will stop her from pulling out the plugs? Arthritis?

in message wrote:

That she doesn't normally do that.

The problem with elderly mothers is there comes a point where what's normal no longer applies.

in message

True, but they usually do just keep doing what they had been doing with stuff like turning off things that don't appear to need to be on anymore, and don't usually start going a lot further and unplugging everything that is plugged in regardless.
If she does start unplugging things, then is the time to do something about that, not make it impossible to unplug anything on the off chance she might start unplugging anything that is plugged in because its very unlikely that she will start doing that.
On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 01:30:28 +0000, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

No, if she can't turn it off then she'll leave it alone. That's the way she is.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
On 24/02/2015 18:31, Bob Eager wrote:

How about unswitched sockets and remote control plug-in switching devices? Make sure M-i-L doesn't know where the Remote is!
--
Cheers,
Roger

No idea.
Other than telling her that the switch is is for her electcric blanket:-)
I have never seen such items in care homes or hospitals.
--
Adam

But they don’t let the geriatrics go around switching the freezers and fridges off either.
Or the oxygen supplys either.
On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 20:18:00 -0000, "ARW"

There's one covering the switch for this EJECTOR SEeeeeeee
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On 2015-02-24, Graham wrote: