NEC Washer - Wont Spin...

G'day,

I have a just-over 2 year NEC NW652 "Full Auto Electric Washing Machine", which has suddenly stopped spinning when it gets to the SPIN cycle.

The odd part of that, is that it still spins during the RINSE cycle... but wont spin during the SPIN cycle...

Anyone familiar with these machines? Any insights? Not necessarily planning on a DIY fix, but at least wanting some idea of cost of repair, without having to find someone who will actually come to my house to look at it... (given how difficult that can be, not to mention expensive just for a "look")

Thanks greatly

cosmic

Reply to
cosmichobo

I cant imagine they are built much differently down under than they are here in the states ,

sounds like a timer issue , but cant fix it over the internet . and cant diagnose it without laying hands on it

good luck

cosmichobo wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Timer, or lid safety switch.

Last washer I worked on, with spin failure. I knew it was the Whirlpool drirect drive coupler. Got there, and found it was a broken lid switch. Sigh.

After RTFM, I now know how to pull the cover off a Whirlpool washer. Much easier than working with the washer tipped up, and me laying on the floor.

Reply to
Christopher Young

Hi again,

I got a repair guy in... and when I demonstrated the problem - it wasn't there... the machine spun like a spinning top... on spin and all...

The tech said it sounds like the computer is going on the fritz... $300 AU parts & labour to repair...

We paid $520 AU for the machine in the first place...

When ya'll have said it sounds like "the timer", would that constitute a complete new computer??

cheers

cosmic

Reply to
cosmichobo

yeppirs . so it sounds like instead of a timer , you have a digital control board . sounds very plausible ,

cosmichobo wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy