Natural Gas BackUp Power Generators

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the proper group... but...

Do any of you guys have a Natural Gas backup power generator installed? Does anyone know the smallest Natural Gas powered generator I can buy? I only need to power a few well-water pumps, pool filter system, and maybe a fridge or two.

I see that Coleman has a couple of natural gas generators, but they're in the 10,000W range... which seems kind of large.

Anyhow, any info would be appreciated.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

Take a look at this site. They have conversion kits for most generators. I have no experience with the natural gas conversion but conversion to propane is fairly easy.

RB

Lucas Tam wrote:

Reply to
RB

Reply to
Robert Barr

Reply to
Oldylocks

RB wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@spamfree.com:

Interesting... this may do! Most gasoline generators are smaller and cheaper.

Now I have to calculate the number of Watts I need : )

Reply to
Lucas Tam

According to Lucas Tam :

And biodegradeable. Most gasoline generators at the low end of the market are intended for portable and temporary use. Have total operating lifetimes in the 100 hour range. Now compare those with Honda units for example - continuous operation for days on end and double (or more) the price.

A lot of cheapies burned out during the great ice storm up here...

Propane and NG generators tend to be stationary for longer duty cycles.

Reply to
Chris Lewis