Kitchen Flooring

I am thinking about replacing my kitchen linoleum floor. I spoke with a flooring co. today and they said the usually lay new new linoleum right over the old. Is this a good idea? I am thinking that if I ever need to replace my dishwasher, that this would be a mess due to the build-up of flooring in front of the dishwasher.

Also, does anyone have the new Ultima Linoleum flooring that has patterns such as ceramic tile, and hardwood? It is supposed to look very real.

Any thoughts as to what else I could put on the floor?

Words of wisdom are much appreciated. I love this group.

Thank you.

Corinne

Reply to
Corinne

As long as there's no lifting or bubbling of the old lino, it's a standard enough practice. If the old lino has a raised pattern, it should be filled using levelling compound, otherwise the old will "photograph" through the new after time.

Shouldn't be a problem..

Don't know the brand.

Tile, which looks richer but is harder on the feet and legs. Hardwood, which historically doesn't like water, but which is becoming THE thing for kitchens. Laminate, some of the better qualities are excellent. .

Ken

Reply to
bambam